Absurd reason for Visa rejection by the Italian Consulate

I had recently applied for a schengen visa from the Consulate of Italy. They rejected my application siting the reason;

"one or more of the member state(s) consider you to be a threat to the public policy, internal security, public heath as defined in Article 2, paragraph 19 pf Regulation (EC) n. 562/2006 (Schengen Borders Code) or the international relations of one or ,ore of the Member States."

I am a bit taken aback as during the interview the visa officer kept emphasizing that I did not have sufficient means of subsistence. I was expecting that the rejection would be based on that reason.

I am worried that this basis is inaccurate and may result in problems for me during any further visa application to Schengen areas or other parts of the world and possibly flag me in the SIS and other identity databases.

Can anyone advise me if my apprehensions may be correct and any remedial action I could take to amend the situation. I am trying to get in touch with the Consulate to discuss the issue but, so far, to no avail.

I look forward to a quick response.

Thanks.

Badar.

Hi Bada,

Not having anymore information than you have supplied, it smells of racism ans sexism. I believe Italy is still very much a male dominated society and, in many ways, behind other, more sophisticated countries. Where are you from? I don't think they were straight with you at all during the interview, and were just telling you anything that would put you off until you were not there, and then siting the real excuse. I don't know how much money you had, or for how long you were planning on going, but the rules as far as I know state that you must have accommodation and a minimum amount for a year in relation to the social security (something like that), which is about 4,000 euros, but that may be more or less.
In any case, I think that countries that have more or less blurred lines between the rules such as Italy and the USA (example), can pretty much do as they please. I know of many cases in which Colombians have applied for visas to travel to the US, and been rejected for no reason at all, even just because the officers that day are (moderated: no vulgarity pls), or are having a bad day, or they don't like what you wear.
As far as getting retribution through the Italian bureaucracy, I don't know if that is possible and that's probably because they are overworked and underpaid, so don't really care.
Perhaps you can get a appeal through the controlling body of the Schengan state rather than going through the Italians? Perhaps you could contact the Court of the European Union.
I personally feel very strongly against all border controls. The world never used to require people to have passports except in times of war, but since the last world war things have changed. People should be able to go where ever they like. No people or country owns or has any MORE rights over a place than anyone else.
It's just been about controlling people like cattle so as to manipulate them for their own means. And when I say 'them' I mean the filthy rich oligarchy who are trying to dominate, control and destroy the world entirely for their own greed and increased wealth.

Wookiee

hi. i just want to know if my sister in law can travel back to italy with an expired permesso di soggiorno. she came home to the phillipines to attend to her mother's funeral not realizing that her permesso di soggiorno has expired. thanks and any advice will be much appreciated.

many thanks,
marky

You should ask in writing on the basis of what information as it may be a case of homonymy. Unless of course you are a threat to the security of some nation!