New member here

Good day everyone! I'm from the Philippines and has been offered a job in PNG. Contract has been signed and I believe papers are already in process for me to work there. Been reading the topics posted in forums and I'm learning a lot from it. I am hoping that I would be able to interact with you in some way and learn more about PNG especially POM which is my work's location. :)

ruzzen0430 wrote:

Good day everyone! I'm from the Philippines and has been offered a job in PNG. Contract has been signed and I believe papers are already in process for me to work there. Been reading the topics posted in forums and I'm learning a lot from it. I am hoping that I would be able to interact with you in some way and learn more about PNG especially POM which is my work's location. :)

Hi, Ruzzen.

I got my Job Order first, then Contract followed after a week. That was February 1st week. I am scheduled to fly to PNG on this week for an HR work in Lae.

Just to give you an idea on what will transpire after signing of contract-

> your WORK PERMIT is being processed. Aside from the contract, did your agency required your original documents (school records/diploma and COEs)? These are required for work permit processing, which will take about 3-4 weeks
> when the work permit is granted, you will be required to undergo MEDICAL EXAMS (must be FIT TO WORK) will be submitted to the embassy as VISA requirement
> The embassy shall process your VISA (usually stamping na lang) and coordinate with PNG
> The company in PNG shall book your FLIGHT SCHEDULE
> Upon confirmation with your agency, you will be required to attend PDOS (the agency will explain this to you)
> Lastly, the agency shall finalize with you your flight schedule

Yun na!

Hi LJ,

Thanks for giving me insights. All original documents have been submitted to the agency. Pre-med has been done. Based on your story, it took 4 months for you to finally fly to PNG. Well, is that the usual time frame? Btw, did you have any issue with your medical? On my pre-medical, the clinic said I have a scar in my lungs then I was asked to have secure a clearance to a pulmonary doctor, which I got the same day after paying Php500. Do you think this will affect me on the final medical? I am quite anxious on how did I ever got a scar on my lungs when we are always having a medical exam every year with my present employer. My x-ray results were always normal based on the report. Not a smoker, neither am I an alcoholic drinker. :(

Hi Ruzzen,

I was sent as well to a pulmonary doctor to clear that irregularities they saw on my xray result. paid 500 pesos for the clearance and consultation. what diagnostic clinic were you sent, safeway? not a smoker nor a drinker. :P

where will you be base here in POM and what company?

Hi Arjhay!

The pre-med was in Arguelles medical. I was sent to a certaing pulmonary doctor Jose something in Medical Center Manila wherein I paid Php500 for the clearance. Doctor never asked me something, he never even asked what am I feeling. I was just seated in front of him while he's going thru the computer for the xray result (if that's what he's seeing since I can't even see in his computer screen what's he doing). After a while, he printed the clearance and that's it. Safeway might be the clinic where I would have to secure a medical clearance for the visa (just a hunch).

The employer's name is Patrick's transport Ltd in Boroko. Are you near that place? Should I pass the final medical, I hope to see you there. :-) Been browsing the internet as to where would be the nearest Baptist church that I can go to when I get there.

Btw, any idea as to how long the process will be? The agency told me that they already submitted my papers in PNG for processing. The only concern now is my final medical because of the xray findings on the lung scar. But I'm pretty sure it will be ok since am not a smoker nor a drinker. :-)

Hello Ruzzen,

The agency told me that processing of documents in PNG will take 3-6 months. Mine takes 3 months, they process it last June and now I am waiting for the visa stamping and released anytime next week. I got my medical thru Safeway. I will also be in POM next month. Hope to see you there.:)

Hi Shiena, thanks for the info. I am also waiting for my visa now but I was told that there's a pending still which is the authenticated contract for the visa to be processed. Do you have a flight sked now?

shiena wrote:

Hello Ruzzen,

The agency told me that processing of documents in PNG will take 3-6 months. Mine takes 3 months, they process it last June and now I am waiting for the visa stamping and released anytime next week. I got my medical thru Safeway. I will also be in POM next month. Hope to see you there.:)

hello again ruzzen! yes, my authenticated contract takes time to be released in PNG but i think yours might not be long. no schedule yet but I intend to fly by 3rd week of September.:)

Hi everyone.. Like Ruzzen I'm from Philippines and accepted a job in Lae,PNG. My papers are already in process now.. I'm grateful that I found this site and been enlighten with my queries. It's nice to know that there are lots of Filipino working in PNG.=)

hi..

i also have accepted a job offer for PNG and the company name is CB&I. i have already done my medical tests, four vaccinations and just waiting for the work permit release of which i was told will be coming right from PNG. so glad to learn about this forum. anyone knows about CB&I and/or infos about life in Hides, PNG? i will be working for the LNG (Gas Plant) Project and hopeful that everything will turn out in the right direction.. let's be ready for the challenges and hope for the best..

Hi everyone since mostly Pinoy nman tayo magtatagalog nlang ako ha baki kasi maubos ang baon kong english hehehe...may job offer din kasi ako sa PNG tapos na ako magpamedical at sa awa ng Dios pasado nman sabi ng agency ko wait ko nlang daw ang schedule for vaccination,sa mga nka try na may bayad ba yon?,at ganun ba talaga ka tagal mag process ng working visa kasi mukhang mauubos na yong baon kong pera nito kon ganun ka tagal hehehe...btw im going to work in an LNG project dont know lng kon saan exactly sa PNG...

cheers :D

@cloud_strife - Can you please write in english on this Anglophone forum so that everybody can understand? :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi guys, I'll be coming to PNG to work as an accountant there. Can you give me any pointers plsssssss.... My work will be in Konedobu, POrt Moresby.. (is that a good place?) hope you could give me a feedback and I hope to meet lots of Filipinos :)

alice wisdom

Please note that this is not a dating or matrimonial site. Please confine your posts to the subject matter being discussed.

[Moderated: no copy paste on the forum pls]

May I inquire po what medical clinic is accredited for papua new guinea and where?

Hi Ryuken110,

This is an inactive topic. You should start a new thread with an introduction on the Papua New Guinea forum.

Thank you.