Lost driving license

Hello, my father lost his driving license some days ago, and now he doesn't now what to do, he is a british citizen, but had a spanish driving license, what is the best thing he  can do now? ask in Malta for  a Maltese driving license with the documents that certify that he had one in spain and england, or he has to ask for a new one from Spain?

You have to submit your old licence before you can get a Maltese exchange licence.
He will have to apply for a replacement licence from the Spanish  authorities, not sure what the rules are regarding Spanish driving licences but he may need a Spanish  address to apply.
This gives you more information regarding the Spanish licence but it doesn't mention renewal or applications by post!

http://costablanca.angloinfo.com/inform … -licences/

What about him  applying for a Maltese driving test? Given the standard of driving in Malta how hard can it be?

Terry

Many thanks :) . Yes, it seems you need to apply to Spain for a replacement, but it seems they only accept that you come in person.

About the driving test, you can take it without any practice saying you already know how to drive and you just  need a Maltese one? what is the cost of taking it?

Things may have changed but, you will need to take a theory test. You book at the centre in Gwadamanga (just down from St. Lukes.)

The main test has a waiting list of about 2 weeks. I know that the rules changed and you can take the test in your own car but it has to be at their specifications. Although, I am not sure that you don't have to have the signature of a driving instructor.

Check here for correct info.