Moving to Vietnam.

Hi, I am Subin, 28 Male from India. Very soon I m going to join a marine project in Vietnam (near Hanoi). Any advice from you guys. Like how friendly are they? How is to be an Indian living there alone? Or do I need to learn speaking Vietnamese?
I would like to visit places, meeting people and taking photos. Do they mind I hang out with my camera and takes photos there?

Some are friendly, many are pushy. 

No idea on being a lone Indian but being a lone American hasn't been so bad.

Your call but I would never want to spend more than a week in another country without tacking the language.  Vietnamese is hard.

If you ride a motorbike, presume that everyone else on the road has no regard for his own preservation, much less yours.

The food is fantastic. 

Photos are fine, just don't take a lot of photos of military stuff. 

Don't date unless you're ready to get married and start giving half your money to her family.

Welcome to the great adventure.

Thank you so much! That was so kind of you :)

If  you come to HN and need help, pl contact me. Skype : manhvanga
I have a Indian friend, he works in Ba Giang province.

Thank u so much :)

Hi. HaNoi is exciting. Nice to meet you. Have you come to Vietnam yet? I'm a Vietnamese. Where is your project?

At the first time, you can have some trouble with commutication. But don't worry, alsmost of us are very friendly.
The true is we don't like India meat  :lol:  (joking)

Hi Subin, have you moved yet? I am Sunil Nair and will be flying tomorrow to Hanoi for a business project. I would love to know how is it there as I am the only one from my office travelling. Not knowing the language is worrying too apart from this being my first trip abroad. It would be great to get a reply from you. Regards.

Hi Sunair,
Welcome to HaNoi, you can easily find the apartment from the Housing page in this website.
By the way, I'm Anh and I live here. So if you need any information, feel free to contact to me.

Nice to meet you ^^

Hi Subin, welcome to Hanoi.
i''m Vietnamese. And i think Hanoi has two sides : good and bad like almost other city. But don''t worried, you will love it, i''m sure. if this is the first time you come there, you should have tourguide, coz traffict here is quite complicated.
And i''m very happy to help you. Don''t worried much, just enjoy the feeling you gonna come special city.

Goodluck guy ,
p/s:  if you wanna help, feel free to contact me : 01645 818 461 or 091 482 0728, or send email : nganphamhn2010@gmail,com

Hi,
I am working in Ha noi. If having any helps, please contact me Skype: diyreyes
Very happy when making a new friend. I can take you to many places around Ha noi and other provinces.
Thanks so much//

Hi, subinsukumaran, Wellcome Vietnam, Country is nice and friendly. please call me when U visit Hue. are U have rent motorbike? review motorbike sale at Travel Swop (Ha noi, HCM and more). Good luck for U.