Jeddah Knowledge School Interview

Hi all I have an interview scheduled for Thursday with this school and would like some help as to what kind of questions they will be asking in the interview. The interview is for a Secondary English teaching post. Any help would be really appreciated.

Hi the questions they ask you are very basic questions that are asked in most interviews. What is an outstanding lessons, engaging pupils, pupils lead. Behaviour strategies as far as I can remember. Just read the reviews on international school review before you accept the job because you need to know what you are getting into. Have you applied on the boys side or girls?

Considering a position at JKS

@ Riddy
How did your interview go?

@June
Do you currently work at JKS?  Any advice or info for the thread?

@ Si04: Do not hesitate to browse through this discussion: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=138179:)

Did you accept the position?

Hi guys, as an ex employee of JKS, i would strongly advise all from going to the "school". It is a shambles to say the least! If any of you have any questions please do PM me.

Why is it that you say so, define shambles, I am going to JKS in the Fall.

It is a shambles for many reasons.
1. The kids behaviour is terrible. There are no sanctions and support will not be given by the administration.
2. The owner changes the contract and conditions as she sees fit! When I was there we were told utility bill had to be paid and was not free any more!
3. The turnover of staff is terrible! This is due to the terrible conditions of the school, there is always a negative vibe about the place. Staff are made to work longer hours and are forced to come in on regular weekends!
4. The school claims to be following the IB philosophy. This is a lie!
5. All kids pass whether they deserve to or not. You are not allowed to fail a child otherwise the head will be on your case, or god forbid the parent.
6. The parents run the school, whatever they say goes. If they take a dislike to you, you will be on the next plane home !

Sounds like a typical Saudi private school, even if they happen to be an IB school.

Which begs the question, how did they become IBO affiliated to begin with?

JKS : 20 years of failure & faking education

Don't know where to start...
They have lost, made run or fired some of the most skilled, strongest, Middle east experienced & most efficient teachers in the world.

First, JKS weak management will always be on the the kids side for money & business purposes, always blaming teachers rather than supporting them.

Roughly, a jail where you have to check in & out every day with fingerprints and are being watched in every classroom & corridor, not to talk about the kids' very disrespectful behaviour, being accepted by the two current heads of school (boys & girls side) who will never support you.

Accepting a job there would be the biggest mistake in your lifetime.
Management would allow itself firing teachers just because few very agitated students have complained before their parents that teacher is too severe, too strict (as he has not let them play in the classroom). Teachers will then be fired in few days in any unpredicted situation, without even any extra baggage allowance or any mercy.

I wish I had been warned before!
Don't end up fleeing during holidays like 30 others each year in the girls side as well as around 50 more in the boys side.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=63010

Much more details to come, if needed.

PS: Do check and trust hamudi & honestteacher comments which are the most accurate

@Honestteacher hi there, I had an initial interview at jks two weeks bk they just asked basic questions like marital status, dependants etc. And said will be called for demo yet not heard anything from them....any idea will they call bk or not?