Sweating Irish Man Moving To Solomons

Hi
I'm heading off to the Solomons for two years, next month. Firstly can I say this blog is the great for information so thanks in advance.
I have a few questions
1 How is the mobile phone service service and how eye wateringly expensive is broad band.
2 Long term Malaria protection, do I get it in Ireland before I leave or out there.
Really looking forward to the move
Thanks for posting this site
Donal

Hi mate, are you on board already there in Solomon's Island? Would like to ask about jod opportunity there. Am an accountant.

Have a nice day

adamsmole wrote:

Hi mate, are you on board already there in Solomon's Island? Would like to ask about jod opportunity there. Am an accountant.

Have a nice day

Honiara is a small place and job opportunities for expats are very limited. Perhaps do a Google search for accountant firms there and then contact them about the possibility of employment

Hi,
Are you there yet?
Let me know, I am just back home in Dublin now after 2 years there in Honiara.
I can give you some tips and introduce you to some mates.
Cheers.
C.

Yes:

I would be glad an introduction from you to your neyworks.

Hi Donal, did you move to Honiara? And did you find out the answers to your questions? We are possibly moving out there next feb and have so many questions x

@CormacPower  Hi. I am thinking of moving to Solomon Island as mid-aged single American. What is expat social life like? Can you zoom or what's app there for business abroad? What is your over all opinion of Hondaris ?  Advice? Thanks!

@eternalgoddess2023 Hello and welcome !

Please note that this thread is from 2014 and that member's last visit to the website was 5 years ago.

Consider opening a new thread on the Solomon Islands forum so that active members might guide you.

All the best

Bhavna