Where to look and whats a reasonable price?

as above........where to look and whats a reasonable price to pay considering some work needs to done i quite like the thought of near the south turkish border,any  advice be keen to hear.

anyone heard of - velikoproperty.com are they reputable ?

There are loads of Property's for sale around Yambol and Elhovo also further down near the Turkish border (Sold by owner) i would not go thru an agent!!! Or Agency
It will only add costs to the buy.
Pm me and i will give you a couple of palace`s on internet to look for property direct from Owners

It depends on how keen you are to have ex-pat neighbours but if you prefer the south and like decent weather then I'd recommend the area around Ivaylovgrad. Prices are excellent for unrenovated property and the lifestyle is live the UK in the Fifties. Traffic density makes Central Bulgaria feel like Central London.

Pricing today is simple. When buying from ex-pats it depends entirely on how much they need the money. Realistic vendors who wish to cut their ties with Bulgaria recognise that his is a buyer's market. Beware dual pricing. The same property may be offered by more than one agent at more than one price, by the vendor on forums, Facebook and International Free sites and at yet another price.

It is possible to buy a six room house with 1 decare or more of land for €5000 which needs a total rebuild. There are larger properties north of Stara Planina which can have 150 msq of house with very extensive barns and 2 - 3 decare of land for €8000.

Sofia is a while different ball game and rices are much closer to Western Europe as is the area influenced by the Sofia market mainly south towards the Greek border.

Cities cost more than villages and the coast costs more than the countryside but just about everything is negotiable and discounts from asking prices can be as high as fifty percent.

I quite agree with previous posters.
Market in major cities such as Plovdiv, Varna and most certainly Sofia is vibrant and so are prices to match!
To a much lesser degree places like Bansko or Veliko Tarnovo. The further you get away from major hubs the cheaper it gets.
But please bear in mind that there is a general and gradual depopulation of minor villages, Often they only offer very basic store/shop facilities and not much else. And although that may sound idyllic and may not be so after you have been there a while. And in winter you may well get stuck for a while as there is not much done in the way of clearing.
I know the last few winter have been pretty minor but there is always the next big one.
One thing you may need to get used to is that almost all houses outside Sofia have septic tanks as there is no waste system to speak of.
Good luck.

Hej,

Hur trivs du där nere och hur länge har du bott där ?

Patrick

Om det är mej du menar Patrick :) så skicka ett pm så ska du få min epost adress.
Tror inte man gillar svenskan på denna sidan.

It was and it is very nice of you to do it. I have been looking on advertises all over Bulgaria something confuses me, for example, 1 property is advertised through few estate agents and all have different prices. We are coming to Bulgaria I believe 1st of June and our intention is to buy and live there. How do you think?
Regards.
Hassan46

Hello!
Thanks for information. Will tell  where to find these private vendors? Please We need this as we are coming to BG at the end of May or beginning of June and we may give you a visit too. please keep in touch.

Regards
Hassan46

Hi
You mentioned further south towards Turkish side. Do you have any names of towns/villages and population? Any gypsies around? Thanks mate,

Hassan46

hassan46 wrote:

Hello!
Thanks for information. Will tell  where to find these private vendors? Please We need this as we are coming to BG at the end of May or beginning of June and we may give you a visit too. please keep in touch.

Regards
Hassan46

Please sen me a Pm and i will reply with the information hassan46

Hi all
Does anyone know how to find private vendors without involving agents? We are thinking to move to Bulgaria but, Before we move we need to rent a flat for at least 4 weeks to give us time to view the properties we like and matches our pocket. The perfect location/s are in Varna near Turkish border. Any help/ Advise highly appreciated.

Regards,
Hassan46

hassan46 wrote:

Hi all
Does anyone know how to find private vendors without involving agents? We are thinking to move to Bulgaria but, Before we move we need to rent a flat for at least 4 weeks to give us time to view the properties we like and matches our pocket. The perfect location/s are in Varna near Turkish border. Any help/ Advise highly appreciated.

Regards,
Hassan46

Sent you a PM Hassan46

@ ch85st: Why don't you share your information and experience directly on the forum for other members to benefit as well?

Hasnaa wrote:

@ ch85st: Why don't you share your information and experience directly on the forum for other members to benefit as well?

@Hasnaa Well as you dont allow links its a bit hard to reply directly on the board?

Hi ch85st,

Link are not allowed but you can still, give a brief description of the price/product? ;)

Regards,

David.

David wrote:

Hi ch85st,

Link are not allowed but you can still, give a brief description of the price/product? ;)

Regards,

David.

Hi David
As its not a specific Product but pages with houses for sale direct by owners in Bulgaria it would not do much good to describe the Price/Product. That is why i ask any member's with questions about this to send me a PM ;)
Regards
Christer

Hi ch85st,

May be there is a different way to share these information?

If you have useful hint about accommodation(Not advert), like prices related to these proposals please feel free to post on the Bulgaria forum, this might surely help other members. ;)

If you have accommodation for sale, it might be be useful if posted in the Housing in Bulgaria section. Thank you! :)

Regards,

David.

Hi there, I'm between Yambol and Elhovo. We go to Greece every few months - 4 hours to the coast, great swimming. The same to Turkey. We all have our opinions, these are mine.

Never buy direct, I know of plenty who did and ended up with a mile of problems over ownership. Don't buy a derelict wreck, it can cost a fortune in money and heart-ache..and getting ripped-off. There are plenty of renovated to buy, some fully furnished.

Try Nick Penny at bulgariarealestateonline.com I bought from them 2 years ago and I cannot fault them for there continued service.

If I can help.

Cheers Es

Hi Es
Thanks for the tips. We are coming to BG on 13 July landing in Burgas and have booked hotel in Balchik. We are buying House in either of these cities, Burgas, Varna or Balchik  and have already talked to a English speaking Bulgarian who have office in UK.. We hope to see you all  you all can have my number 07769152498 . We may stay in BU for 2 weeks until we purchase our house then go back to UK and ship our households which are in storage at the  moment.. Keep safe and see you all.

Hassan

Hi,
We will be moving over to BG next April and have arranged with a man in BG, he's british to move our 3 bed house furniture over for us, I have his details if you require them, his lorry is in uk ready for removals, his quote was very reasonable and we have been to  meet him recently in BG.
Regards

Alison

Hi,
Thank you for your MSG. Unfortunately we already have and our furnitures are in storage.

Regards

Taheri