Playing cricket in Corfu

I have just posted the comment below on Naomi's Corfu blog. Any other responses would be welcome!
"Hi Naomi. My wife, baby son and I lived in a Kombi van in a camping-site in (I think) Ipsos for three months in 1976. I'm wondering if the camping ground is still there. It was on the beach, with a cheapo restaurant where we ate occasionally. If not Ipsos, Dassia - maybe. My memory isn't what it was! We greatly enjoyed our time there. I played cricket a few times in the central square of Corfu Town, with a make-up team called The British Casuals. I read somewhere that the Island has a proper cricket-ground these days, but I wonder if the square is still used for that purpose once in a while."

hello Gordon,Im in Athens,lived here for many years now,just want to suggest to you that you might have some luck with your request if you put that on the Expat Forum,I have seen posts from time to time from expats living on Corfu,the two forums are together I think.I would like to read your blogs,how do I do that,sorry Im a dimbat.A friend of my husband lives on Corfu,Greek man,I will put your questions to him.see if he knows,nice to know of you,best regards from Concertina.

Thanks, Concertina. My blogsite is barlowscayman.blogspot.com . In an item I posted in October 2012 called "When the clock struck four", I devoted a few paragraphs to cricketing in Corfu. You can find that in the Archives. Clicking on the link I just gave you gets you to the most recent posting, and the Archives are on the right, by year and month.

I haven't written anything on Athens; not much exciting happened there for me, I guess! Crete and Thessaloniki are mentioned in "Zorba the Greek" in January 2012, which gives an insight into the mid-set of a young traveller in the mid-1960s. Gosh - a lifetime away!