Housekeeping prices

Was wondering if anyone could tell me what a good hourly, weekly, monthly rate would be for a housekeeper?

Thank you.

the common thing is paying by the day which is to mean from morning till evening if it's a big house around 35 L.D. not more.

Thank you.

well actually we were paying once a week 50 lyd for a moroccan lady( very good, sundays free) now paying her a monthly salary of 600 LYD for 5 days a week.

35 LD / day, paid daily for about 6-7 hours work seems to be the norm in Janzour area for a large 5 bedroom house.

This should include cleaning, washing dishes, ironing clothes etc as required.

Thank you.

very cheap compared with the states prices, cost of living more cheaper here.

Medina78 wrote:

very cheap compared with the states prices, cost of living more cheaper here.

Only in certain respects, labour (or labor for my American cousins) prices are lower, bread and petrol (gas for you Yanks AGAIN :D ) are much cheaper. I don't know what you were paying for meat in the states, but the prices here are the same as in the UK, not cheap at all. Eating out is often cheaper than buying produce and cooking yourself, which I find a bit weird, mind you Shawarma every day gets a bit boring :lol:

Paid 25 dinar, to different category of nationals, for cleaning a three bedroom flat...not an inch more!

Benashour

Realised a lot of make up and money vanishing, and I do not believe in trailing them around, hence I guess this result!

For men it gets easier as they dont have small knick knacks all around,
I gave up on them!
Eh! heh!

Sea Angel wrote:

Was wondering if anyone could tell me what a good hourly, weekly, monthly rate would be for a housekeeper?

Thank you.

hello, it depends on how big your house  and what job discription you need the house keeper to perform.
for me  Am a house keeper at one of the embassy . if you need a part time cleaning up of ur yards and gerdens  plz contact me 
[email protected]

Hourly basis would get very expensive for you, if you need for a large house,try to sort out on monthly basis, and make all your requirements clear, as they do have a tendency of sulking if you have not mentioned the chores clearly by the list to them...
Try two people, and see the work difference and their behaviour, their commitment to time too, you may notice your work lying around undone at their mercy.

Now how much, certainly someone who already is handling a large villa, will give you proper feedback.

Cheers!

I am paying 5 LYD per hour.

35LYD is standard for someone to stay normal 8hrs a day.

i am kind of surprised of the person who told you that he is paying 600 ld monthly that is not a normal number in libya if you are looking for a monthly payment it'll be 350-400 ld NOT MOR THEN THAT 6 DAYS A WEEL