Hi All
I'm a new member here but I've been living in Vietnam for 5 years. I'm a Seaman and although I haven't lived in any other places but around the UK, England, Scotland and Wales, I have travelled to the four corners of the Earth for the last 42 years. I didn't have a great schooling but I have gathered and immense wealth of knowledge and experience in the course of my travels which has seen me rise through the ranks to the top of my profession. I will endeavor to become an active, creative and useful member of this blog and I will try to give honest unbiased advice when people ask for it.
My hobbies include photography and music. I like all kinds of music from Classical to Rock and mostly everything in between. I was a keen yachtsman when in Europe but the opportunities here are limited (so far).
My user name The Long Man comes from a hillside chalk figure in my home county of East Sussex in England. No one is quite sure hold old he is and the theories range from Neolithic to Victorian. I like to think he is from the stone age and the weight of evidence points to that. He is a symbol of my roots and whenever I returned from my travels I would see him and know I was truly home.

Hi Long Man, :)

It makes me wonder if relics from the Stone Age are still visible to us, are  the relics of our modern times going to resist the passage of time as much as the ancient ones?   :/

so regret to know you left vietnam

Still here Rubytran   :) This is my home now.

Hello Long Man.
Interesting to read your small write up. Structured learning is not always the best way to go. And I agree, most times, its the unstructured learning that goes a long way.

Welcome to the Forum and Best wishes.

Find useful info to succeed in your expat project

OR