Great link for newbies

This link is great for every newbie in the country who search for information from every kind.
And of course for others too.

Have fun!

Cheers,

Great link
Cheers

Great links

Cheets

Hi all,

Here are some other links which may be useful:

British Embassy in Jordan:
www.gov.uk/government/world/jordan

US Embassy in Jordan:
http://jordan.usembassy.gov/

Ministry of Labour:
www.mol.gov.jo

Visit Jordan (discovering the country and leisure activities):
www.visitjordan.com

Feel free to share any other link you may find useful for expats in Jordan!
Thank you in advance,

Julie

is great but it focuses on Jordan

Because this is the Jordanian forum.  :whistle:

I found one of the best helpful site for everyone.

From stamps to renew visa you can find it here:

http://www.jordan.gov.jo/wps/portal/!ut … VAXDtaUU!/

Awesome Link!

thank you very much :)

Cheers,
Nora

Youinjordan link is not working

I just checked and still works.

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Competitor's website. Promotion of external website
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Thank you.

@Primadonna seems this link is dead? I (male US citizen) am looking for a list of all documents required to get married in Jordan to a Jordanian female citizen, and how to handle those documents. I plan to get married per Muslim tradition and have an official Shahada form (conversion form) from an Imam in the states. From what I am seeing we may need: 1) birth certificates with parents' names, 2) notarized certificate of conversion to islam, 3) notarized declaration of single status, 4) a blood test (though I think that happens when I arrive in Jordan, not here is the states?). Am I missing any? Also I am reading mixed messages about how to process these forms. Some say notarization is sufficient, while others say each document must be 1) notarized, 2) authenticated through the state office (NY state for me), 3) authenticated through the US authentication office (or ministry of foreign affairs, I am not sure which), 4) authenticated by the Jordanian Embassy in the US (or just sent directly to the US Embassy in Jordan, again mixed messages). I am a lawyer in the states so I would be happy to review some legal requirements, it just seems like everyone I ask has a different answer,

I have been reading many of your threads and it seems you know what you know what you are talking about, so thanks in advance for the help, I need it if I am going to make it in time for a ceremony in September.

Thanks!!!!!!

@Primadonna seems this link is dead? I (male US citizen) am looking for a list of all documents required to get married in Jordan to a Jordanian female citizen, and how to handle those documents. I plan to get married per Muslim tradition and have an official Shahada form (conversion form) from an Imam in the states. From what I am seeing we may need: 1) birth certificates with parents' names, 2) notarized certificate of conversion to islam, 3) notarized declaration of single status, 4) a blood test (though I think that happens when I arrive in Jordan, not here is the states?). Am I missing any? Also I am reading mixed messages about how to process these forms. Some say notarization is sufficient, while others say each document must be 1) notarized, 2) authenticated through the state office (NY state for me), 3) authenticated through the US authentication office (or ministry of foreign affairs, I am not sure which), 4) authenticated by the Jordanian Embassy in the US (or just sent directly to the US Embassy in Jordan, again mixed messages). I am a lawyer in the states so I would be happy to review some legal requirements, it just seems like everyone I ask has a different answer,
I have been reading many of your threads and it seems you know what you know what you are talking about, so thanks in advance for the help, I need it if I am going to make it in time for a ceremony in September.

Thanks!!!!!!
-@TomNY2Jordan

Sorry for my late reply since I was quite busy lately.

To be honest I don't know exactly the American policy about notarization of documents as each country has it's own.

Since you're still in America I should ask the nearest Jordanian embassy.

The documents you refer to is correct, these you need to bring with the autorisation of (....)

The advice to bring all the documents to the American embassy in Jordan is ridiculous, if I may express my self this way.

The blood test needs to be done in Jordan.

They test if you match with each other, meaning  you don't carry a certain gene that is responsible for some diseases or life-threatening conditions.

I wrote an article about it where I explain more in details.

I would like to add that if you're not matching you're are not allowed to marry.

If you have more questions, let me know.

For now I want to congratulate you with the upcoming wedding.