Cyberjaya cost of living

I got an offer of 6500RM in MY-Cyberjaya. I would like to know, is this sufficient to maintain a family in MY.
I, my wife and 4months old baby girl planning to move MY.
how much will I be able to save?

First step - please check out the forum posting about new procedures for Indians being recruited by Malaysian companies.  It is posted on this forum or you can access it by going to the Indian High Commission in Malaysia's website. You need to check the company is authentic and is following the right procedures.

In the meantime here is a link to a couple of websites that deal with COL.

expatistan.com/cost-of-living/comparison/kuala-lumpur/bangalore

numbeo.com/cost-of-living/country_result.jsp?country=Malaysia&displayCurrency=MYR

Thanks Gravitas

I m planning to come to MY thru an authentic company on deputation.So that is not an issue.

I have gone thru websites but still not able to get a better picture.

You can easily work out what your savings will be as you know your current salary and expenses -v- the Malaysian salary and expenses.  Percentage increase in prices in Malaysia was shown on one of the websites sent to you.  It is very clear what the increased cost of living will be in Malaysia. You can change the currency for the prices in Malaysia from RM to Rupee - explore the site - you need to do your own research - its the only way to be quite sure.

Only you know what you spend your money on - I cannot see inside your head if you would want to have a car to move easily about or rely on public transport or if you like to travel, eat out, drink alcohol etc.  If you look back on the forum there are lots of postings about COL - READ them and you can work it out. You have all the elements available. There is a special section about Cost of Living. You will need health insurance if your employer is not providing it.  You can pay into the Malaysian EPF as well if you want to save (paid back when you leave).

For property rental prices around Cyberjaya you can look here:

iproperty.com.my/property/searchresult.aspx?t=R&gpt=AR&st=&ct=&k=Cyberjaya%2c+Selangor&pt=&mp=&xp=&mbr=&xbr=&mbu=&xbu=&lo=&wp=&wv=&wa=&ht=&au=&sby=&ns=1

Income tax in Malaysia is between 20% and 26% - if you live less than 180 days in Malaysia you pay the top rate. So if a person arrives fom July onwards they pay 26% as they are considered non-resident.  If they arrive in January to June then you pay the graduated tax rates shown here:

hasil.org.my/goindex.php?kump=5&skum=1&posi=2&unit=5000&sequ=11

I think your disposible income will be no less than RM 4800 per month. You will probably spend between RM 1500 and RM 2500 per month on property rental. But when you get here you will be able to see what is available at the time. The only other big expense will be car-related (if you need one). Other bills per month should not be more than RM500-600 (electricity, water, gas, mobile phone (local calls) and satellite TV - broadband is based on usage so that would be an additional expense unless it is part of say the Be_yond Astro package - extra again for Indian satellite channels....).  Food, travel and entertainment remain to be calculated.

Be prepared though, you will need to pay 2 and 1/2 months rental deposit and 1 month rental in advance = 3.5 months in total to gain entry to a property. There are some upfront charges to buy a Malaysian Sim card and perhaps get your phone a "jail break" so you can use a local number.

If you have any specific questions after reading other postings about COL they can then be answered.

Thanks a lot Gravitas for your great help.Will come back to you if anything is there.

Hello Sir,

My name is Karthik and I am from Bangalore, India.
I am unaware of the cost of living in Malaysia. Currently my salary is 6.1 lakhs per annum INR.
I have an offer of 4600 MYR + 600 MYR pension allowance + 500 MYR transport allowance, so totally 5700 MYR per month. I am a Bachelor looking to come over to Malaysia.
I may get married in a span of 6 months after which, I would get my wife as well to Malaysia and get settled. I would be staying somewhere in CyberJaya. Is it worth coming ?
I have as well heard that 26% of the amt would be deducted as tax. Please advice.