Greatmalta.com

Does anybody know the website "greatmalta.com"? Can one trust this site?

Thank you, any advice is appreciated.
tina

never heard of them

why would you think they are not to be trusted?

must admit cant say ive heard of them either

buyer beware is always a good stance.

Thanks for your answers.
"Buyer beware is always a good stance." Exactly! That's why!
I don't like the idea to pay them a 'deposit' and never again hear of them.
If I knew there are some who made good experience with this website, I would consider to order, i.e. to pay the deposit.
What would you recommend?
Thank you
tina

Quote.............What would you recommend? Thank you tina

Recommend for what Tina?

Thank you Redmik.
I have no experience at all with online shopping! Therefore my question, to those who are accustomed to online shopping: Would you recommend to trust this website or not?

Hi tina,

why would you want to use this site anyway ?

My advice would be to not pay a deposit. If you have no experience with onlne shopping then why pay a deposit for something you have no experience with!

I hardly trust any websites! ESpecially not those that want my money as a deposit!

Cheers
Ricky

Tina, my question was not flippant. I asked to so that I could compare prices elsewhere and get an indication of the site's workings. They seem to be an agent for other's services and I noted that some of their hampers are available from elsewhere.

An old geordie saying  - "if in doubt - do nowt"

Just a thought. If one is shopping online, one has to pay 'upfront' usually. If one is also buying an 'experience' I can understand the need for a deposit because what if people don't turn up?

I've found an offer of a gym membership on their site which might have been interesting for me. So, I've contacted them asking for the name of the gym, as there was no name on their website. They've replied, but told me not the real name. I've done some research and fond that gym online. The name was completely different. Greatmalta also refused to give me any additional details about this offer, saying that I will receive everything once I've paid the deposit.

The offer was as following:

Gym day visit & use: € 8
1 month membership        € 35
3 months membership      € 75
6 month membership        € 130
12 month membership      € 200

I've checked this gyms membership prices on their website and they were exactly the same as offered by Greatmalta. So, there was absolutely no benefit for me going through this website,paying the deposit, not receiving any information about that offer upfront and they didn't even want to tell me the correct name of the gym.

That is my personal experience with that site. If you ask me, stay away from it.

Can you tell us the gym name or their website please?

Sure!

That is the offer on Greatmalta:

http://www.greatmalta.com/unique-lifest … y-fit.html

and that is the link to the website of the gym:

http://www.bodyfitmalta.com/membership/

toonarmy9752 wrote:

An old geordie saying  - "if in doubt - do nowt"

...........and an old Wigan saying:

"If it's too good to see, then the dog must come in from the cold before the second moon"

.................we were really rubbish at making up sayings.

Thank you, for all your thoughts and advices, I found them very helpful, and I very much appreciate your interest.
There is no hurry, I still have time to make a decision, find something else or even better, search for the original provider.