Importing vehicle.

Hi could any Brits who have imported a car FROM Bulgaria, give me any idea of what you had to go through in the UK to register the vehicle, I am thinking of exporting a Soviet Era vehicle. What will I need for the DVLA, please. Cheers, P:S I am ex pat in Greece. Clive. If I could pick your brains at another time please as well. Cheers again.

Hi trojan2012 and welcome to Expat.com!

Hope that you'll soon be enlightened.;)

Harmonie.

Could anyone tell me what would be more economical and reliable: importing a used car from the US to Bulgaria, or buying a used car in Bulgaria?
Thanks in advance to all of my adventurous brothers and sisters out there....

Hi daBomb,

i think would be easier to by one from Bulgaria.An not in Bulgaria yet but importing a car from US for sure you will need min 2000 Euros for the shipping plus a 20% of the value for VAT and may be other local taxes.

Been a US car with different specs you may face problems with spare parts.

making a search in web i found some good cars in reasonable prices.

Try  mobile.bg  but use Google chrome for direct translastion.

Thank you Evan-Hora,
appreciate your advice.

we are bringing our R/H drive mini bus and 4 motorcycles does anyone know about importing these vehicles to Bulgaria they are on UK plates atm
Thanks in advance

For EU plated vehicles the process is straight-forward. There is advice on governemnt websites leaving only the need to change headlights on the four-wheeler and the langage as surmountable barriers. I drive a RHD car in Bulgaria without dificulty but do plan to look for a LHD export or a swop with someone heading home.

can anyone give me a ball park figure of the costs for this

Hi
As you are an expat in Greece you will need your V5 ( Logbook ) which your name must be on the V5. When you entered the Uk border at the customs fill a form after that you have period of time limit to apply new UK registration plate. It's very easy and straightforward procedure. Trust me you wouldn't get lost.

hassan46