Feeling lonely and depressed.

hi everyone, its niya from india new to this forum.i would lyk 2 share my experience in adelaide.its a beautiful place 2 live.everything was good for 1st 2 months, i got good job and everything.its 6months now in here but cant make single frnd here.feel lyk no where go situation.was wondering do all migrants have similar feeling.

Hi, I am an Indian male here in London. I think u r right! It is stressful here in Europe!

Hi Niya
I can understand what you are talking about. I am originally from algeria and currently live in Sydney for the last 12 years. Back home, I was counting my friends in hundreds, but here I am counting them in dozens only. Real friends with the tips of my fingers.
You need to go out to parties, pubs, gatherings, etc. Join clubs, couchsurfing, gym, etc. You will meet up new friends for sure. Smile to people and do not close yourself up, people will see that as inviting and they will then approach you. Those people have the same problem as yours, and they assume you don't want to have them as friends. So offer them the opportunity.

Good luck and take care

Sam

Adelaide, like Perth, are fairly reserved communities mostly sticking to their own people. Sydney/Melbourne are bigger and more multicultural places making it easier to get friends.

Hi Niya,

Making new friends is like fishing when an in experienced person has been given the fishing rod. I do not fish myself, but one thing I learnt is that probability of getting fish is by trying at places where the fish is in abundance. So for finding new friends, we will have to expllore areas where we have people with similar willingness, that is people who have the same experience.

Niya...i understand on where you are at. I was in the same boat whn i arrived in Melb 3 yrs ago.I suggest you have to start knowing 1 or 2 ppl first then they will intro you to thier friend followed by thiers..thats how normally it works here..but always keep an open mind and inviting smile..:)

hya niya, yes it can be difficult when settling in a new place especially taking into consideration cultural differences. I have been in adelaide for nearly two decades and sometimes i still feel like an outsider, however, take it easy as sometimes everything seems to move slowly, but that is good, as great things happen over time, i am not from india but i have been there and i do have some indian friends here....i love them because they are very nice peaceful and spiritual people, i am interested in all cultures that is a big part of being australian although unfortunately not all people are that enlightened! do not be depressed about this its very easy to see the difficulty and confidence and possibilities seem elusive. i would be willing to ask my indian friends for helpful advice or contacts if you need some or anytime if you would like to meet to share your experience... please just ask i will make time as every body needs and deserves friends

kind regards, johnny wheelbrace

Hi johnnywheelbrace,

Please note that this topic is quite old. Please feel free to participate on the Adelaide forum. :)

Regards,

David.

Hi all,

I have the same feeling as Niya had earlier.... i recently landed in Adelaide, so looking for some friends and contacts...If interested let's catch up :)

Cheers !

You just need to be socialize don't spend your time sitting home and watching tv. Go outside hope you will get new friends soon.