How to make friends in Gothenburg

@JosephPineda - In english please on this Anglophone forum! :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hello guys!
IŽm new in Gothenburg, gonna stay here for some months for working and I have no friends and no idea about whatŽs going on in this city hehe. It would be nice to meet some of you expat colleagues, to have a beer or whatever you could propose. I hope someone else is in my same situation to get in touch!

Hello. I am not new in Gtb but a very fresh blood on this forum ;). I just want to say 'hej' and look around here and thee. Why not? Actually, I am very open for meeting other people from different countries. So far I have made friend with some very funny and frank people, but you never have too many friends in you life.

Once you move to another country you feel more lonely than ever. The best remedy is to take a cup of coffe or tea
(I am tea lover and tea industry can combat any crise in branch thanks to my excesive consumption) in a nice company of people who, just like me, are curious, friendly and very keen to have some fun time in town.

Hello Red.Onion, At last some movement in this forum! IŽve been here for the last 10 days, I found a nice city as I adjust to living here. I know very few people around, so Im up to meet for a coffee and any plan. Im free most of evenings and weekends. Stay in touch

Hej guys, I'm in Göteborg since about a month and just joined this network here, 'cause I feel kinda lonely sometimes here! So if anyone's up for a fika or a beer sometimes I'd be totally in :)

Hi Mitch.
I can meet most of weekdays after 5 p.m., what about one beer on tuesday? jarntorget area is ok for you?

Been in GBG off and on over past year, more off then on tho. Would like to meet some people fer sure. Really flexible schedule. Drop me a line and see what we can drum up.

Hi Franz, hi all :) I suggest that it would be a good idea to go to Språkcafeet which is a 'meeting point' for many expats who wants to practice Swedish or just talk English, German or Spanish.
I think I will pop up there next week :).

[Moderated]

Hi everyone ;)My name is Carlos, I am form Spain, I am 23 and I moved a month ago to goteborg to play full time floorball and try to experience my first job step ;) If you organice some events together i would be very pleased to meet you guys ;)

Have a great day!

Hey guys, Im a swede who's also new to Gothenburg. I've spent a year in Canada and learned it can be hard making friends in a new country.

My best advice would be taking part in activities like sports club, knitting meetings, language cafe's etc. You get the picture.

If you're attending university, take part in happenings!

A good to know thing is that swedes can be little bit shy, a few beers down the road we are the opposite of that..a little disturbing but good to know ;)

If you have any questions that I might be able to answer, just shoot!

hey guys, im indonesian n definitely new in Gbg.
would love to make new friends through this forum, its quite boring and lonely have no friends around yet. so "hey" for the new expats in gbg.

Hey Guys, 
I'm going to be movign to Göteborg in December from Sundsvall and I wont know anyone! My GF is still studyign up north so it's up to me to meet some new people.  Have any of you actually met up from here?!
Let me know if people are interested and we could maybe grab a beer or coffe :)

Cheers,

Evan

Hi :)

It would be great to meet other expats in the town. The only problem is that, I do not know why, but it is very hard to call a meeting or organise anything. Everybody wants and shows interest but when it comes to practice - mission impossible.

I would love to meet you and other people. Everybody here, or at least 99 % ;), is in a relationship, so a meeting in a group would be much more appreciated rather than face to face with another expat of the opposite sex ;).

I am very for some kind of a 'coffe commitee' in Condeco or Språkcafeet ;) or even one beer in Hard Rock Cafe.

I'm open to anything. I am considering leaving GBG soon, as I cannot find my comfort zone. Anyway, contact me.

LaPalida: You are right, one of the best place to make new friends is school.

I live in Kalmar. I will start my SFI course this coming December and I hope to meet new friends.

Hi, i am david. Anyone wanna meet? i live in Gothenburg.

Hi I'm jesseca. I'm living in skärhamn , almost one hour drive to göteborg.  I'm newly moved here and looking for new friends ;)

Go to Andra långgatan (pub area), SFI-classes or the language café at esperantoplatsen. Good places to meet openminded Swedes!

Hi , i live in Gothenburg and i need a friend. Anyone ?

Hi everyone! I'm Danny, 23 years old.
I live in a city nearby called Uddevalla and I've got barely any friends either. If anybody would like to meet up in Gothenburg to speak English and just hang out at a café, pub, anything, I'm all for it!
I was born here in Sweden, but I'm only half Swedish and grew up speaking mostly English. I'm fluent in both languages.
Looking forward to hearing from you! :)

Hi to all...

Im Mike and i've moved to Sweden from Cyprus. People usually move the other way round but certain situations forced me to move here. Im liking it though. Especially ice fishing!! I live in Ljungskile and im having a hard time finding a job. Im a freelance designer, T-shirt printer and Vinyl Sticker Installer. Anyone got any advice on how to get a job, even in gothenburg?

Hey Danny,
Im Mike and moved here from Cyprus. I live close by in Ljungskile. i would like to meet up as i need to make some friends. moving here is a big change as just the population of gothenburg is larger then than that of my whole country. :)

Hi jesseca,

i am also new to Gothenburg i also don't have friends can you meet me

I am staying in Gothenburg. I am looking for friends in Gotheburg. Please write to me if you are also looking to have a friend.

Hi,

I am 30 years old male and come from India. Please reply me if interested and tell something about yourself.

Hey guys! I just moved to Gothenburg from Portugal. I'm a PhD student and willing to meet people around here :)

Hej,

I am moving to GBG the 20th of August to start working there. Do not know anyhting about GBG. It would be nice to have some tips while having a fika o whatever.

I would like to join Swedish Lessons, how could a join them? Someone has already done it?

Thanks in advance ;)

I am staying in Lindesberg . I am looking for friends in within or near the town. Please write to me if you are also looking to have a friend. Mulinge from Kenya.

Hi Shira
I would really like to meet up.
Please reply

Any one up for a meeting?

Hi Nelson
I am also Kenyan living and working in gothenburg
When can we meet
Janiffer

Hi I live I goterborg as well. Let's meet

Hej,
its me rizwan. working here and have my own business here in gothenberg. i would like to meet new friends.

Hej! My name is Tanya. I live in Gothenburg and I'm interested in making new friends.

Will be back in Gothenburg by the end of the month. Who's up for meeting? :)

New to Sweden! Looking for some new friends and some activities :)

Eve101792 wrote:

Will be back in Gothenburg by the end of the month. Who's up for meeting? :)

Just say the time and date  :top:

Hi there,
I moved to Gothenburg recently and I will be very happy if I get some friends.
You can also contact me on my e-mail [email protected]

Aff hey im new to gothenburg im just a teen -.- i have not friends contact me on kik: itspandababe pleaseeee

Closed