Question to non-EU citizens on residence permit

Hello EllaCambiata,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

It might be a good idea if you could contact the embassy of Hungary in Moscow for information regarding the visa.

Please have a look at the following link: http://embassy-finder.com/hungary_in_moscow_russia which might be helpful.

Do not hesitate to come back on the forum to share any information or if you have further questions.

Best of luck,

Hasnaa

Hello EllaCambiata,

I am in the process of getting my 2nd residence permit. It seems to me the process is fairly straightforward. You need a reason to be here and a means to stay. The diplomatic ties of your government and the Hungarian government can make a difference, so, I agree with Hasnaa - check the rules beforehand. But I also find that the Hungarians are pretty easy to deal with, just the wait can be long in the office.

Good Luck,

Luther

Hello

You can stay without any problem in Hungary with an EU residence permit.

If you plan to stay for long you need to register.. you must make sure you are doing your papers before it expires

you can already apply for university or look for a job.

Regards,
Nico

Hi Ella,

yes having an EU resident permit makes things much easier for you. i am not allowed to tell you more as it would be considered as an advertising. but yes indeed your life will be easier having an eu resident card to find work or study here.
If you need more details please look at the immigration section of Expat.com or contact me via personal message.
good luck
nico

I suppose you should take a couple of aspirin , a swig of wine and get in the immigration line.
Not easy for anyone I think.
I had so much hassle with HU immigration that we were just about to sell our flat and leave HU for good rather then deal with them .My husband started to remember why he left in 1971 in the first place, so much red tape.
My husband was born in HU and  is a citizen,our son is also a citizen of HU and was legally married in HU to a HU citizen and I still had troubles with getting a resident permit. as a non EU citizen of the USA.
It all comes down to paying lawyers and greasing palms.
We refused to play the pay out, grease every one game so we had allot of stupid hassles with immigration services.
They do make it very complicated even for those who know the language well.
My best advice is to go into the HU embassy in your home country before entering HU.
I was foolish enough to try to do my paperwork in HU and paid for my troubles the hard way.
You will need to pay the "official" Hungarian translaters for any documents you are sumitting  for consideration.
They do set their own fees in Hu depending on how much they think you can pay depending on what country you are from.
I am serious.
My husband went in to get our marriage papers translated and was quoted over $150. for the short one page translation. As he was able to speak to another man who was waiting for the exact same service, a marriage translation from Romanian to Hungarian he found out that they do charge different prices depending on the language for the same services. The man was quoted at $15.
My husband raised a huge fuss over the unfair pricing and later was given a small rebate of around $25.
They know who can afford more so they go after it  if possible unless a lawyer is helping you out.
I am sure they are also no bargain.
Good luck, be ready to waste an entire day at immigration only to have to come back a few weeks later for more of the same.

EllaCambiata wrote:

Italian permit of stay.

What type of permit? Student? Worker? Family reunification? It may matter.

http://ec.europa.eu/immigration/

[deleted by the author]

Because not everyone speaks English. The pages are available in all EU member state official main languages:

http://europa.eu/