I got an offer in Abu Dhabi

I got an offer in Abu Dhabi for  24,500 AED a month with a company called NPCC in mussaffah abu Dhabi. That includes everything. For salary, benefits and all. They give me a month of paid vacation a year. I have a two kids 3 years old and my wife. Please tell me Is the offer good, fair or bad? what type of housing I can, where I can get it, and how much do you estimate I will have of free after all bills are paid.

Your help will be highly appreciated it!

Cheers

I believe its a good one and you can have good time and good house and make saving

First of all, and most important, how did you receive this job offer? Did you receive it in the form of an unsolicited e-mail? Was it a job that you haven't even applied for?

There are a great number of employment scam e-mails circulating around the internet especially for jobs relating to the petroleum industry. Most of them scams and they have very official looking e-mails giving detailed job descriptions, pay scales, benefits, etc. These e-mail job offer scams are quite often sent out to people living in African countries, but are not limited strictly to those people only.

Check that first the e-mail address of the sender matches the domain name of the real company. Find the real company's official website and make sure the sender has used the same domain name and not just something similar. Example:  [email protected] (real domain) and not [email protected]

If the sender is using a hotmail or gmail or yahoo account you can count on the offer being bogus.

Remember, no company recruits by sending out unsolicited e-mails to people who haven't applied for their job openings. This should be your first warning sign.

What ends up happening is that you get hooked, agree to take the (imaginary) position and then receive another e-mail telling you that you must pay a large amount of money for processing, visas, work documents, etc. Once you pay the person disappears without a trace. If you have received a scam e-mail you should contact the real company and report it so they can take the appropriate legal action to stop it spreading.

Cheers,
William James Woodward, Expat-blog Experts Team

Hi,
Thanks for your advice, I had a face to face interview with them and I would say this is for sure not a spam.

Thanks

sofranm1 wrote:

Hi,
Thanks for your advice, I had a face to face interview with them and I would say this is for sure not a spam.

Thanks

did they ask you any registration fee ?

it is enough

Hey ! are there any other benefits to this?
Will they give you a car? will they help offer to pay for your children's needs? Medical Insurance ect ...

I'm guessing since you're asking about the rent and what not you can visit www.dubizzle.com or the gulf news website for a clearer understanding of everything. Also I have connections in real estate if you need to rent and stuff they can probably find something suitable for your needs. Over here it's pretty hard to find a house with that kind of salary but if you're looking to save it's best to stay in an apartment. Don't worry most of the locations over here have pretty good living standards in apartments. There are supermarkets everywhere, mall left right and center so it's all so convenient.

Hi JadieOThree
Thanks for reply,
Yes, they will provide a car and they will pay 50000 aed yearly school expense for my two kids also the medical Insurance for me as well as my familly.

cutesnifer wrote:
sofranm1 wrote:

Hi,

Thanks

did they ask you any registration fee ?

No

Please note that the children educational aid will only be available to you when your children are 4 years old. Check for house in www.dubizzle.com. Most people working in NPCC stay at shabiya where acc is quite cheap. Other challenges u may face is English schools for your children.
I got same offer but currently awaiting govt approval to be mobilized.

Buddy, If this is your first job in the Emirates, it's a good offer to start with, so take it.

You can find good accommodations around Mussafa, Khalifa City & MBZ city.

I think that you might struggle with it especially if housing is not included, best to negotiate up a bit to AED 30,000 minimum or see if they can support you with housing.

NPCC is a very good company, you must go ahead and join.

Look for accommodation in nearest places such as Sabia of Mussafa, Khalifa City, MBZ City, etc.