Best place to buy affordable furniture in HCMC?

I'm in the market for a desk, office chair, and bookcase (NOT just shelves). In the US, I'd go to Target (or OfficeMax or IKEA, during a sale) and find these things for about $150, $30, and $20, respectively. Is there a place in Ho Chi Minh City where I can get decent-quality furniture that will last a while for those prices?

In general, where do people get their apartment furnishings in HCMC?

Head to Ngô Gia Tự street, Q.10. That's a furniture street where you can choose different kinds of furniture.
Most apartments are fully furnished. If yours is not just go to the above street to get everything with reasonable price and free delivery. Don't forget to bargain maximum. Nguyen Thi Minh Khai street, Q.1 also has some furniture shops but not cheap.
If you need some custom made furnitures then head to Ba Hat street (back of Ngô Gia Tự ).

Thank you for the information! That's very helpful. Hopefully the merchants on Ngô Gia Tự also deliver. I'll check it out on my free day off from work.

I'm sharing a three-bedroom apartment with two other people. It's a nice apartment and it did come furnished, but in my bedroom, there is only a bed and a small wardrobe. I could do my lesson-planning and other work at the dining room table, but I'd rather have my own desk. I could keep storing everything except the clothes I want to hang up in my suitcase, but living out of a suitcase doesn't feel like home.

http://uma.vn/
Try here.. same concept as ikea with much cheaper price.

Thanks! Even if I don't end up buying from Uma, it's a good idea for me to see what fixed-price stores are asking for the things I want, so I'll know what my bargaining range is. Also, I'm glad that there's an English version of the site. I'm taking Vietnamese classes, but I'm still very much a beginner!

You can visit and buy online furniture from the following link:

noithatalo.com/
smyhome.com.vn/

To have best price, you should compare prices from 02 these shops as maybe, there is a little difference from price for same item. I have bought some furniture for my room from them.

Enjoy with your shopping.

My

Thank you for the sites, My! There's a lot more variety on them than there is on Uma.

3rd floor of The Vista in District 2 there is a factory outlet where they sell stuff at factory price. It's about one third the normal VN retail price.

C

A few days ago only i finished with the renovation of my office.. I was also looking for any best place to buy affordable furniture.. Thanks to this forum for suggesting some sites.. You can see this for more details..

Try Index Living Mall. It's just like Ikea, one-stop-shop for home. It's the biggest store in Hochiminh / Vietnam. They're located in District 4. H2 Building - Hoang Dieu St.
Good luck!