Any New Yorkers in Delhi?

Born and bred New Yorker (Brooklyn and Manhattan) considering a move to Delhi soon.  Interested in corresponding with fellow NY'ers who've lived in Delhi for a bit. 

I've been working and residing in India for a few years now but I may be moving to Delhi with my job very soon (within next 3 months). 

If no New Yorkers are out there, East Coasters, West Coasters and Americans in general are cool too...

Cheers and hope to hear from you!

Dev

Hey,
I'm from DC...living in Delhi for about a year. I've never lived in/visited India w/o family til now. I think my experience as a female would be much different than most men's experiences- it seems to be a lot easier/more fun for men (bc of the danger aspect for women). That said, so far I've had a good time. It's a bit tough bc English isn't as widely spoken as, say, in Mumbai or Bangalore, but it's manageable. I did however enroll in Hindi lessons bc I'm tired if getting ripped off and not knowing how to bargain. I see a nightlife scene and restaurant scene developing, which is nice. Rent is expensive compared to most cities in India, but there are nice service apartments or guest houses. Not sure what else you want to know but feel free to ask- I'm here for another 3.5months....

Divya

Hi Divya and thanks for replying.  I'll inbox you a message with a few questions...

Dev

Hi Dev,

Moved to Delhi a year or so ago, after being a New Yorker for 20 years. Assimilating in Delhi culture has been quite an interesting journey. Would be great to exchange notes.

- Shalu

let me know,

can u give me your phone no? im feigners here