Traffic between Airport Residential & Cantonment

Hello,

We are moving to Accra this summer and I need some advice regarding the traffic situation and getting my kids to school on time.  If we are driving from the airport residential area (close to the Tema motorway) to Little Explorers Montessori in Cantonment, how long could this drive take?  From Google I understand that the route is mostly along Liberation Road and Giffard Road, and this would be around 7:30am and in reverse around 1pm.  How bad is the traffic on these roads and could it take more than 30 minutes at those times of the day?

Thank you!
junko

Hi Junko,

It's been a while since I lived in Ghana but I was there in Jan 2013 and noticed that the traffic situation had not changed much from when I was living there so I would say about a 45 mins to from airport res to cantonments at that time of the morning, this is mainly due to rush hour traffic. If there is no traffic of course it can be 20 mins but Accra traffic is totally unpredictable I'm afraid.

Best.

Hello, good to know you are coming to Accra.
    the traffics situation in Accra can be frustrating a times. around 1 pm when you will be going for your child, the traffic will not be that bad. It will be lunch hour so you will have a bit of traffic. The major challenge will be in the mornings. Friday is also mayhem. it can take you about 40 minutes in the mornings  and in about 30 minutes in the afternoon to get to the school.just know that on Fridays you may spend more time on the road.
  Hope this information will be helpful.
(Moderated: No free advert please)