Whats the options for working in Saudi & living in Bahrain - Visas

Hi All,

I'm currently living and working in Al Khobar, Saudi. I also have my family with me and we all have Saudi Iqama's (resident permits).

Once my current rental agreement ends I'm thinking of trying to live in Bahrain while still working in Khobar.

What are the options for getting resident visas in Bahrain for me and my family?

If possible we'd want to avoid my family making regular trips back & forth to Saudi just to renew visas every week or two.

Many thanks

Concern some good agency in Al Khobar or ask any expert :unsure

Hi Hamley,

Most visas for Bahrain must be sponsored (ie. obtained for you by a Bahrain company, hotel, or travel agent, etc). Unsponsored visas exist, but only for certain nationality groups, and certain purposes (i.e. Own a Property or business in Bahrain)

It is possible to stay in Bahrain and work in Saudi but you will have to bear with some obstacles such as the following:

Without a resident permit in Bahrain you can't issue any kind of contracts like bank account, insurance...etc. You might be able to rent a car and/or accommodation but you will have to provide a lot of guarantees or you may be asked to make a full deposit in advance.

Every time passing the cause way you will be treated as a new visitor and you will have to pay the entry fees.

Therefore and to avoid thinking about all this hassle I would suggest if you can find a local sponsor as this will help you a lot settling down in Bahrain.

Best Regards,

Hi Hamlay and welcome to the forum,

Sorry to say that for once Vidodido isn't totally right :D
Here is a post in French of one of my friend who lives in Bahrain and works in Al Khobar. He explained quite extensively how to do, I'm sure Google translate will make it crystal clear !

In summary, you can get a multiple entry visa for Bahrain on the causeway. It's free but only valid for 15 days. You can do the same in Manama (Passports & visa office) it's valid for 30 days, but costs you 40 BHD ^^.
For you, it's quite easy as I guess you will never stay more than 15 days in BH without returning to SA.
For your family, there is an exception for certain positions working in Saudi (high positions only manager, doctor, engineer, etc...) they can apply for a resident permit valid for 6 month and renewable. This resident permit is enough to rent a house or a flat.
With this permit, they can get a "CPR print". It's a special CPR that doesn't give you access to the health system or any advantage provided to residents, but with it, you can open a bank account, a telephone line etc...

If you don't want to go through all the administrative maze yourself, you can pay an agent to do all the paper work for you.

Hope this was helpful...

Cheers

Olivier

Oliver,

Thank you very much for the correction :top: as well as the delightful information and the great enlightenment on the subject and hope this will assist Hamlay to settle in Bahrain :)

Apologize for the wrong unintentionally given information :shy

Regards,

Hi Vidodido,

No harm done my friend ! You give a lot of time to share many very valuable informations here and everyone's grateful for that. Visa process is very specific and depends on where you are from, what your position will be etc... It's impossible to know everything ! 

Cheers

Olivier

Hi Hamlay,
just reading this interesting trail. I was just wondering if you were able to clarify as I am in a similar situation. Live in Bahrain, comuting every day to Saudi. As I will bring my family into Bahrain in September would appriciate your experiences ?
Txs Olaf

Dear Olivier

Thank you for the valuable information. In terms of an agent to do all the paperwork as you suggest, do you have any names/companies I could approach for this?

I am living in Saudi with my family and working for Aramco as an engineer.

Kind regards

Our clearing agent is called Philip. He is excellent and can be contacted on 3968 2950. He got my husbands CPR sorted in 3 hours. My husband has Saudi residency but we live in Bahrain. You don't need a CPR to get accommodation but you will obviously need a multi entry/exit visa to cross the boarder daily

I want to know the living options in Bahrian with saudi Iqama.

shrikant.dahale wrote:

I want to know the living options in Bahrian with saudi Iqama.

Any you want

I find the info here very useful as I am in a similar situation.
My employer would provide Saudi Iqama for me and I wish to live with my family in Bahrain and commute to Khobar daily.
We need to rent an appt in Bahrain and 2 kids need to go to school.

1. Do I need a Bahrain CPR. If so, what is the fees
2. Does my family need a Bahrain CPR. If so, what is the fees
3. What is the ANNUAL car insurance cost for Saudi side

steelnerves wrote:

I find the info here very useful as I am in a similar situation.
My employer would provide Saudi Iqama for me and I wish to live with my family in Bahrain and commute to Khobar daily.
We need to rent an appt in Bahrain and 2 kids need to go to school.

1. Do I need a Bahrain CPR. If so, what is the fees
2. Does my family need a Bahrain CPR. If so, what is the fees
3. What is the ANNUAL car insurance cost for Saudi side

1 & 2 - Yes if you don't want to visa hop all the time and want contract phones, satellite tv, lease cars etc

Contact: Philip Cartledge who will help you with everything (mention my name!!) 39682950. The guy is amazing.

3. You can't buy annual car insurance as far as I am aware but the insurance is based on the value of the vehicle. Speak to the insurance booth on the causeway for more details

hi iam working in khobar and i have Saudi iqama for me & my family.

but i want to shift my family to Bahrain. so please help me in this.

hamlay
my case also the same.

if you got any feed back .
please help me in this

Hi jramprabhu

All you need to do is ensure you all have multi entry/exit visa's so you can come and go between Saudi and Bahrain easily. Make sure your car has the right paperwork and that your company approve (as they will have to provide you with forms and letters to get your CPR)

If you see my post above it gives name and number of someone who can help you get your CPR once in Bahrain

You have provided the best guidance, thanks

Hi Jo, how much does he charge for a CPR print?

Chrispc wrote:

Hi Jo, how much does he charge for a CPR print?

I don't work for him Chris I  suggest you give him a call on the number above. He is really nice and friendly

OK thanks, will give him a call

hey Jo,

Atul here from Australia.  Can you pls message me Philips's email address so I can be in touch while I am still here as it is a 7 hr time difference between us and Bahrain

I am moving to khobar for work and like others, want to make Bahrain home with my defacto partner.

Thanks
Atul

My patience seems being tested. I mailed couple of them but they say YES when I asked, can we skype? But no further info on skype id or asking my ID....frustrating:)

Hi Atul,
I just pm'd you our agent's details - he has dealt with lots of Aussies. Good luck.

It may be an idea to post the details on the forum to help other forum members. Also it could generate a lot of work for your agent which I'm sure they would appreciate.

Good idea Jo, wasn't sure if I was allowed to post someone's name and number on the forum.
Agents name is Tariq Al Gosaibi 973 3945 4295.

Hi silver356,

You should post in the Bahrain business directory section please :)

Thank you

Maximilien

Maximilien wrote:

Hi silver356,

Thank you

Maximilien

She is recommending a service not selling so like we always do it should be posted on the forum. Julien tells me off for PM's regarding services and says he wants it posted. What Julien says goes .......

Josnuggles wrote:

She is recommending a service not selling

My intention here was to let her know that she can recommend the Agent by posting in the Business directory section

Thank you

Maximilien

Maximilien wrote:

Hi silver356,

Thank you

Maximilien

Sorry but it came across as a telling off.

Hi,

just one detail : something big is coming soon, and we plan to revamp & give more exposure to the business directory. I strongly believe it can become a fantastic tool if everyone participates.

We recently talked about this internally, and you'll soon find out more but shhht it's coming soon ;)

oztoqatar wrote:

hey Jo,

Atul here from Australia.  Can you pls message me Philips's email address so I can be in touch while I am still here as it is a 7 hr time difference between us and Bahrain

I am moving to khobar for work and like others, want to make Bahrain home with my defacto partner.

Thanks
Atul

[email protected]

As many of the blogs, I am looking to live in Bahrain, but am working in Saudi.  What do I need to do to achieve this and what costs are incurred

Dave Gardner wrote:

As many of the blogs, I am looking to live in Bahrain, but am working in Saudi.  What do I need to do to achieve this and what costs are incurred

A multi entry exit visa for you and your vehicle. No costs except the visa which is 500SAR for 6 months.

Causeway tolls and insurance may have to be paid too of course.

i feel like working in bahrain because is my dream country since i was a little young boy. i lost my father when i was still young so i could not manage to get my self a travel document and i am here in south africa is just by grace of  allmigty ALLAH. so right now i feel like working and living in bahrain please if theres eney help let me know and understand. thank from abdullahi.

lasisi abdullahi wrote:

i feel like working in bahrain because is my dream country since i was a little young boy. i lost my father when i was still young so i could not manage to get my self a travel document and i am here in south africa is just by grace of  allmigty ALLAH. so right now i feel like working and living in bahrain please if theres eney help let me know and understand. thank from abdullahi.

Hi

There is nothing anyone on this forum can do to help you.

In order to live in Bahrain you have to have a sponsor by either getting a job or by getting a place at University.

People on this forum are just here to give general advise based on their own experiences in Bahrain.

I suggest you google jobs in Bahrain and go from there.

Hello, I am an Aussie working in Saudi with a multiple entry Visa. I am wanting to move my family from Australia to Bahrain to be closer to me. Has anybody done this?
Are there good schools?
What is the safest place for a family to live i.e best locations or compounds?
Is this an easy process for an aussie?

I have taken down Phillip number as posted above, appreciate the information already up from others.

Jason

Jason 1831 wrote:

Hello, I am an Aussie working in Saudi with a multiple entry Visa. I am wanting to move my family from Australia to Bahrain to be closer to me. Has anybody done this?
Are there good schools?
What is the safest place for a family to live i.e best locations or compounds?
Is this an easy process for an aussie?

I have taken down Phillip number as posted above, appreciate the information already up from others.

Jason

Hi Jason

There are lots of us who have husband's in Saudi and families in Bahrain.  It will be much easier if you have your Iqama and then your family obtain them too but it can be done with tourist/visit visa's, albeit a pain and restrictive ins some ways.

Please call Philip and use him to advise you and do the process for you.  I can highly recommend him and having received bad advice on what to do from all over the internet and paid the price, he is definitely your best bet.

There are tons of posts on here about places to live.  You will want to be close to the causeway and to schools, so Saar, Janabiya, Hamala, Jasra are probably a good place to start looking..

Hi Jason, we were in the same situation as you. If you can get an iqama for your family it will make it so much easier. Australian passport holders only get a 2 week visit visa in Bahrain that you can pay to extend for another 2 weeks but then you need to leave the country and return to start all over again. It wasn't financially viable for us so we had my husbands company arrange Saudi iqama's and then converted them to Bahrain resident permits.

British schools are great here, very similar to Australian curriculum. I think it's safe to live here and there are loads of families with the husband commuting to Saudi. Let us know if there is anything else we can help with.

Ok,

thanks for the information, sounds like an iqama would be the way to go!

Me and my husband will be moving to SA this month. We are thinking of moving to Bahrain to stay. Can anyone help me out with job options(Software Engineer) for a expat woman in Bahrain. We both will be having Saudi visa.