Hello every one Business in Luanda ??

Hello every one it seems like every one is helping in this Forum :P

Well i run a small shop in Dubai and got some income so far well its about 50000 usd an year but as im single i can save a little but not happy :/ i sometimes have a Angolan customers i dont speak portugies but i communicate with them and always by them from past 5 years to go and work in angola as i see everyone says its a very expensive place but can i do business there ? my angolan friend find a place which she says its a nice place for 800 usd a month its very cheap for me according to dubai !! 

-Does rich people go for shopping ? or they go overseas  for shopping because of more shops and more variety :/

- any tax ??? :|

_ safe? and secure ??:o

- food ?:P

-can i live alone there ? i mean security !!

-is there some shops selling shoes handbags(fake lv ,gucci, channel,), belts, watches, (fake rolex britling chanel etc ?) :cool:

-night life on weekends ??:D

I really appriciate your answers and time :cheers:

Hi,

This is Syed Dayam Husain Rizvi an Indian national but working in Angola from Past 3 years.

It is very fantastic place to have own business and can earn money alot to being a investor/business man.
Any query feel free to call or email

Hi there

I am looking at coming to Angola to sell hair, bags, shoes etc in your response it seems you think this is possible ?
Please suggest where i can start .
I hope to hear from you

Hi there

did you end up in Angola ?
How is business?

[Moderated: off topic]

Hi baba774
I've been here 4 years now. I came straight from Dubai as that time Dubai was suffering crisis especially in the construction sector. I came to work as a chief accountant for a multi-national company on a short term contract but I liked the country compared to Dubai and stayed here.
The market here is not very dynamic like Dubai. Even though Angola has many ports, it's commercial activities and imports are predictable and limited to public preferences. Rich people go for shopping in places like Dubai and china for the sake of experience, business ideas and shopping items that are highly priced or non existent in Angola.
House rent, I lived very safely, as a foreigner in a 350USD house, a studio on the back another villa. I started my own transportation service company with just a car and it covered all my house hold expenses.
Tax here is severe but from accounting point of view, tax evasion is a common practice.
Anola so far is the safest African country I can mention. You have to be very provocative person to upset these decent people. There are lots of fun and enjoyment here for a person to go stressed and plan harming others.
For a person who lived in Dubai, the number of Libanese restaurants flourishing here and there will do for Food. But the Angolan food itself is the most energizing once you tried it.
No fake things here. People here make money easily and so why wear fake stuffs?
When it comes to night life, and if you've heard of Brazil, Angola is another one but located in Africa. I think that says it all.
I forgot to say that I spoke the language in 5 months with the help of a Portuguese private tutor for 60 days and my English speaking Angolan girlfriend. Now me and her on part time, we teach the language for new comers on 60 days scheme.

hi did you manage to set up in Luanda?

[moderated: off topic]

Dear Mr Rizvi,

Pls let me know if the business of NEW/REFURBISHED LAPTOPS, PRINTERS, FAX MACHINES,
PHOTO COPIERS and NEW / REFURBISHED CELL PHONES etc will be good in Luanda?

And what min expenses are involved including : shop rent, governmental charges, licence,
resident permit etc etc.

You can write me at:  pozaluista at gmail dot com

Tks
Ahmed