Recent developments in Kano, Katsina, Kaduna area

Hi,
Anybody could please provide recent developments in Kano, Katsina, Kaduna area. I am planning to move in a couple of months and I want to gather some information. how is the safety, security and livelihood issues of Expats here.
Thanks
Leeroy

Hi Leeroy,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Please note that a new topic has been created with your post on the Nigeria forum, it will help to bring more light to your questions and may also encourage members to participate. :)

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

Northern states in Nigeria are not safe for both expat. and citizen because of lack of good securities. i am  a Nigeria that live in lagos Nigeria and i will not advice anybody to live in nothern state in Nigeria. you can only live in western Nigeria and eastern Nigeria. Cheers!

Kano, Kaduna and Kastina are among the safe places in Northern Nigeria.

The three places are very cheap just like most states in the north of Nigeria. They are also among the most developed.

People in those places are quite timid, honest and reserved.If you are seeking fun, those places are not for you. They are not the average noise makers you see in Lagos. They do have lots of animal preservation though. They are are very religiously; many are Muslims, some are Traditionalists and few are Christians.You don't have to worry about being defrauded, cheated or robbed, such things hardly exists there. What you have to worry about is a few Muslims that tend to be extremist in their practice.

I hope this helps.