British shop

We are thinking about a Brit shop here in Z Zagreb.Want to research what people would want and buy. Please give feedback

Well, I would definitely buy some cheddar ;)

I've not had chance to look round the shops much yet but if they don't have them I would be looking for Rice Krispies, Shreddies, Branston Pickle, Oxo cubes, sage & onion stuffing mix, tinned spaghetti, tinned meatballs,  tinned burgers in gravy and tinned chicken in white sauce. Having said all that, we do have a firm in Hungary called British Pantry and I've never bought from them as they are so expensive. At Christmas I would be after a Christmas pud, mincemeat and / or mince pies.

Are you serious, tinned spaghetti? tinned Burgers? tinned Chicken? You must be joking? Please! Why do you want to eat all that rubbish when here in Croatia we have great domestic produce that is fresh. Why are you living in Croatia if you want the worst of British food to eat., its full of additives and god knows what else.

Tinned spaghetti? Who eat tinned spaghetti anyway?

stormcrow wrote:

Are you serious, tinned spaghetti? tinned Burgers? tinned Chicken? You must be joking? Please! Why do you want to eat all that rubbish when here in Croatia we have great domestic produce that is fresh. Why are you living in Croatia if you want the worst of British food to eat., its full of additives and god knows what else.

You know nothing about my lifestyle but you jump in with both feet and assume I live on junk food. The question was not about fresh Croatian food, which is readily available already. The tinned items I mentioned are things I kept in stock in UK to either make a quick meal when I was too busy to do proper cooking or emergency stocks when I could not get to the shops to buy fresh food. The houses I'm looking at in Croatia are mostly in fairly remote areas, so there is a good chance I will get snowed in sometimes. I will need to stock up on long life food items each winter, the same as I do here in Hungary. One alternative to tinned food is frozen but I would need to be confident about the reliability of the electricity supply before investing in a freezer and contents.
The meal I made last night is more typical of what I eat. It was roast chicken, mashed potatoes, carrots and courgettes, all fresh. :mad:

Weetbix....and if can get get Aussie products. Vegitmite, Milo and TIM TAMS!

SJ
www.chasingthedonkey.com

pls pls english sausages  :gloria

Strong chedder, blue stilton, Marmite, baked beans would all find a place in my basket. Maybe some good quality english sausages, and paracetamol.

Any news about shop ???

I will be happy if you make it !

I love Cadbury Fruit & Nut, Brut, Pork pie, Stout and lots of other stuff ....

Regards

Vjeko

Hi.We found that start up costs and regulations were to much for us at present.