Racism in finland?

Hello all,
I am from honduras, central america. I wish to move to finland next year. But lately i have read reports about racism in europe and i have heard stories about hispanics suffering racism outside latin america. I would liketo know what is your opinion on the matter. I found some reports about racism in finland but it seems to be mostly towards blacks and muslims. I am so sorry to hear that, but i am interested in knowing about how do the nordic countries feel toward hispanics. Should i worry about suffering discrimination in finland?

Hi and welcome to Expat.com rulloa!

Hope the forum members will be able to help you out.

Regards
Armand

Hi

I am new here in Finland but I can say that you have got all your information wrong!!

There is nothing such kind of racism over here in Finland.

Well, there might be some cases (it happens all around the world) but like 1 out of 10 000 ppl in Finland!!

So, not to worry about that! Keep going ahead with your plans..

Good luck.

Pavan.Ganesh wrote:

Hi

I am new here in Finland but I can say that you have got all your information wrong!!

There is nothing such kind of racism over here in Finland.

Well, there might be some cases (it happens all around the world) but like 1 out of 10 000 ppl in Finland!!

So, not to worry about that! Keep going ahead with your plans..

Good luck.

That sounds great! Good to know i shouldnt worry, thanks a lot. Hopefully i'll be in finland next year. :)

How about helsinki for example?

Hi, Helsinki is a large metropolitan area and generally considered more "open" solely due to its population.

While I understand coming from a Caucasian these statements might not be taken seriously, but I can tell you that not only have I never witnessed any racism here, but not a single person in my two years living here has EVER said anything to me in a negative way about a person because of their race.

Thank you for your input. Much appreciated. I would also like to know, to you as foreigners, was it hard finding a job?

It depends on what kind of job you want. If you don't speak Finnish, it's a little harder, but still doable. You should also be prepared that you will be doing work such as cleaning (if you don't speak Finnish, the options are limited). But keep studying Finnish and eventually you'll find a job you like. I studied Finnish for a year and am now working as a nurse. Good luck!! :)

Thanks, foxtrot. Hopefully i'll move to finland this year.

there is racisim here but it is only by a few brain dead morons that have nothing better to do. but in general lovley folks.

(LOL) Wow, you have really sprouted roots and grown to consider this country as yours, more than Finns even! I agree that we do not need more spongers, but if someone has something to contribute, why not? Do you wish to close the door behind you? Let's give the guy the benefit of the doubt.