Advice on Internet provider

Hello all, I am looking for an Internet provider in Bali. Anyone has good advice?

For Bali, I don't know but...
Internet speeds in Jakarta are about to take a large jump.
This may also apply to other areas of Indonesia.

For Bali...in two words...Telkom Speedy.

Ubudian wrote:

For Bali...in two words...Telkom Speedy.

What, it works, doesn't keep failing and isn't expensive and complicated in Bali?
My experience with slowy was a lot less than a pleasure.
I looked again when we last moved house but you needed a degree in astro physics to work out their service plans.
They may have changed that crazy system since I last looked at them but it was amazingly daft.

My provider is first media; I pay Rp313,000/month for TV and 3mbps but that's going up by 30,000 with a rise to 6mbps.
They probably aren't in your area but it will give you an idea of price.

TS isn't cheap as chips, that's for sure, but when you absolutely need a reliable and fast connection for things like day trading, live auction bidding and such, there aren't any other options in Bali, or at least, not in my part of Bali, viz, Ubud. 

TS has the lion's share of the business here with little serious competition.  In the big durian it doesn't surprise me that you have other options.

The options are a little limited but we do reasonably well, considering the lack of infrastructure in this country.
What speeds (up and down) can you expect out there and at what cost?

Hi there,

this is a link that might help you a bit :

http://www.telkom.co.id/en/

just navigate around the sites in English and see if you can find information that you need. from my personal experience at my Parents house in Jakarta , Telkom Speedy is good one and reliable and if you need more speedy that the speedy that you can choose for options : Speedy for business with very big capacity especially if you have a lot of download etc..

I hope this help.

All I hear about Speedy is bad things (in Jakarta) and so many turning to First Media. I think the problem is over subscription and rubbish customer service. Charging customers for services not fit for purpose, but because there are not many players in the market, they can do what they like.

Is Bolt available in Bali at this point?

Mas Fred, I am hearing good things about Bolt where there is First Media coverage or no high buildings and the like and my friends in BSD as already using them. Have you tried it yet?

The area I live in I cant get a full blown 3g signal so I wont try but I would consider it when I move, if I cant get First Media.

I have Telkom with speedy, last year, I had 350 kb, for about IDR 350.000 per month, and 6month ago, I've got calll to upgrade become 1mb just for IDR. 450.000 per month. And just today( 17 of April 2014), I've got call again from Telkom to upgrade become 2mb, just for IDR.5500.000 per month, plus free call to all telkom provider all in Indonesia.

Gmedia
Blueline