Invitation by a local family

Who had the luck to get an invitation for lunch/dinner by a local family?

What was your experiences? What did you do and what did you eat?

Share with us how it was

Primadonna wrote:

Who had the luck to get an invitation for lunch/dinner by a local family?

What was your experiences? What did you do and what did you eat?

Share with us how it was

You should tell us how you mean this? I guess all of us have been invited by neighbours for a reason or another!

Well JO/EU its very simple just share your experiences  :)

I will tell you my story when I first came to Jordan and eat for the first time with my in laws.
And I can tell you that it was so much different then I was used to back home.

The most difference was that the men and women are eating separately on the ground from several plates.
But at that time I didn't know the reason because the house was very crowded and there was more then 50 people to feat. I don't remember what I eat but it was surely not mansef  :D The food was so different but it was so tasty and exotic that I couldn't help it that I stare more then I eat.
When you finished you stand up and wash your hands and sit elsewhere. This was for me very strange because the way I was brought up you have to sit at the table and wait until everybody is finished.
Another difference was that they scoop your plate with a pile of food and this is way to much.
So I was finally happy that I managed all the food and then they scoop again...

And the most beautiful part was that after you filled your stomach you can lay down on the matrass and to be serve like a queen: tea with mint in small glasses, fruit on big plates and later on some nuts and seeds.

Oh my Oh my: heaven on earth do exists  :D