Need Help from friends to guide me for my better future in Laos

Hi
Am Shafique Muslim from Pakistan, working as manager Finance in Airline, I have Visited Many Countries but never visit Laos, But I know about Laos when I was posted in Thailand. Now am going to retire after one year, and want to settle own Business in Laos. I initially can Invest US $ 100,000/-. Need Help from friends to guide me for my better future in Laos
Thanks

Hi Shafique,

Welcome to expat-blog!

Your topic has been moved to the Laos forum for better views and interaction.

Please can you give us more details about kind of information you are looking for and the business type you would like to settle in Laos. ;)

Regards,

David.

Expat-blog team.

shafique Hussain wrote:

Hi
Am Shafique Muslim from Pakistan, working as manager Finance in Airline, I have Visited Many Countries but never visit Laos, But I know about Laos when I was posted in Thailand. Now am going to retire after one year, and want to settle own Business in Laos. I initially can Invest US $ 100,000/-. Need Help from friends to guide me for my better future in Laos
Thanks

Need a lot more information as to what type of business you wish to invest in. You need to have a Lao business partner to start a business there.
I suggest you do a Google search regarding investment in Laos as the Govt have a website for this.

There are pitfalls regarding business investments in Laos.

I am living in Champasak province and I see that in here, you can start with Coffee Section (Plantation, Purchases-Sales, Import-Export), Rice Section or any Agricultural Section (Vegetables, Tapioca, Corn...)

Why would someone think they could have a successful business in a country they have never even visited?

Hello somsanuk,

Note that this discussion is not active since April 2014.

You can start a new topic on the forum Laos if you want..:)

Thank you
Yuveshen