Bringing Stuff

I will already have my resident visa (but not my cedula) when I arrive in Ecuador.  So, will I be able to bring lots of stuff including a 36 inch tv with me without paying duty?

Yes, you can. with your Resident Visa stamped in your passport is enough.

Notice you are allowed to bring your stuff no more than six months after your last entrance to Ecuador.
Also you can bring almost anything but there are some items like firearms, some kind of food that is not allowed.

If you need assistance with information about moving to Ecuador, let me know.

Vinny

Thanks Vinny.  I did read somewhere that DECT chordless phones are not allowed.  Is that true?  I wonder wht.

Hello, I don't know exactly what are DECT phones.
I know there's restrictions with cell phones but never hear about regular phones.

Vinny

vinny66 wrote:

Hello, I don't know exactly what are DECT phones.
I know there's restrictions with cell phones but never hear about regular phones.

Vinny

You can't mail dect phones to Ecuador. But I think in your luggage is no problem if you bring 1 or 2 along for personal use.

I hope so.   i want to bring in a bring in a 3 handset system to hook to my magic jack.  They don't cost much so the worse thing they can do is confiscate them.  Can you buy them in Ecuador?

A single DECT phone costs around $50 for a panasonic.  Probably about $25 for additional handsets.

Vinny
You mentioned in an old post that you were in the moving business.  Is that still true?
I have rented a condo and bought a bed from another couple of expats.  I will need to move it.  It is a king size bed and mattress and two end tables.

Howard

Hello,

Yes still working on movings.  Email me to: [email protected] to get the details.

Vinny