Housing in Carolina

Hello everyone, I know I am posting a million questions but I feel so lost!

I looked online and found a bunch of homes for rent in  Villa Fontana Park but the rent is super low which makes me worry its not a good area. Anyone know if this is true? I have 2 small children and would love to have a house but I know that will be difficult. So a walk up would be ideal.

I wouldn't recommend Villa Fontana,it's a typical low income area and the houses are rather old.

If you want to be in Carolina why don't you look at renting an apartment in the Isla Verde area. Rents definitely are higher there but most condo buildings over there have security and ocean view.

When you're here you can take your time to find a house for rent in a (gated) community that will suit you and your family.

I second Gary's recommendation of Isla Verde. It's close. It's safer than most areas. It's west of Carolina Mall so your husband will not have to fight traffic to get to and from work (assuming he doesn't start working at 5pm). The apartments can be expensive but the ocean views are great. I lived there myself and the ocean view was the best thing about the place. I also liked that there were a lot of eateries open 24 hours a day (as is the Walgreens).

Also, keep an eye out for apartments for rent on the non-ocean side of the building. They are often 1/4 to 1/3 as cheap as those with the ocean view. But be warned, they are much nosier because they almost always face the street.

Thank you for the comments!! I am concerned about living in an Apt where my children will be home with me all day and a nanny. They are 2 and 1 years old. I was hoping to find more of like a town house. I am from S FL and live in costal Colombia now so ocean views are not important to me at all. I will keep looking. My husbands company is flying us down for a week to find a house and a car, so I want to have options narrowed down as we will have limited time.