Driving license in Martinique

Hi all,

Can a foreigner take the driving test in Martinique?

What are the formalities to get a driver's licence in Martinique?

Do you need special or extra documents being an expatriate?

How much does it cost?

Thank you for participating ;).

Armand

Hi Armand
My partner and I have been trying to find someone who has moved to Martinique and is willing to share with us stories about the process.  Can you help?
Thanks you so much!
Anita & Scott

Hello Anita & Scott, :)

Armand is from Expat.com team.

I hope other members will share their experience with you soon.

All the best,
Christine
Expat.com team

Hi Christine
Can you please put us uin touch with Armand?
Thanks you so much!
Have a super wonderful day!
ANita

Hello Anita,

We launched this topic in order to find information about driving licences in Martinique.

We hope that members will be able to share their experiences with us and could definitely help others who are looking for useful info on driving licenses in Martinique.

If you have any specific questions, please do not hesitate to post on the Martinique forum.

Thank you,
Christine from Expat.com team

Hi,

From what i know a foreigner can take their driving test in Martinique, what you need to do is take the theory and the practical and if you dont speak french then they can allocate you with an interpreter for the theory. It will cost you around 800 euros which includes both the theory and the practical plus 20 hours of driving.

hope that helps

ajacques30 wrote:

Hi,

From what i know a foreigner can take their driving test in Martinique, what you need to do is take the theory and the practical and if you dont speak french then they can allocate you with an interpreter for the theory. It will cost you around 800 euros which includes both the theory and the practical plus 20 hours of driving.

hope that helps

This is right. Concerning an extra document, it might be required though.