The other side of the Kosovar postcard

Hi,

As a tourist in a foreign country, very often, we are enchanted with what we discover.

Living abroad is different. It's a rich experience but there are also some difficulties to face.

When people ask me for advice on living abroad, I then tend to say that one should also look at both sides of the postcard.

As an expat in Kosovo, how would you describe the two sides of your Kosovar postcard?

Thank you for sharing your experience,

Julien

Kosovo is a new country with small population. The people speaks mostly Albanian language, though u can find also some English speaking Kosovan. Coming from a big city, Prishtina is a smaller city where u can even go around by foot. The people are nice and respectful to foreigners, except some taxi drivers will overprice you. If you are a foreigner who speaks some of their language, they would be happy to teach you more. The food are cheaper in some fastfood restaurants offering more of doner, but you can also find fine dining restaurants that offers Japanese, Thai, Indian and Italian food.

Although the country is new, there's construction boom in housing market. In the point of view of entrepreneurs, this is a good spot for establishing new business. The country is attracting investors, so business paper processing is really easy.

This is my point of view, as I came for business purpose.