Dalian local looking for English speaking friends

Hi there,

I am Cindy. I am a Dalian local. I just came back after 3 years studying and working in Manchester, UK. I would like to make friends with English speaking expats in Dalian. I can offer help regarding daily issues. We can exchange languages as well (I taught Chinese in an English secondary school).

Please feel free to contact me!

@Cindy, which part of Dalian do you working now? I am from Indonesia and working in Dalian Software Park, right now.

Hi rudylin,nice to hear from you! As I just came back, I am still looking for a job. Perhaps will be in Hi-tech zone, close to software park.I live in Zhongshan district tho.

Hi! I'm Silvia and I will be in Dalian by the end of August to study there for my PhD during one year (at the moment I am studying at University of Liverpool)...I don't know anyone/anything in Dalian, so any experience and contact is more than welcomed!
See you soon

Silvia

Hi there, my name is Geraldine I will be in Dalian on the 28 of August and I would like to have a friend in Dalian as well. I am from Seattle.

silvia_t, which university will you go? I have several friends studing their PhD in DUT.

@rudylin, I am working in Software park, too.

Hi again!
@liveindalian I ll study at DUT and live in campus...
Does anyone know how far the campus is from the city center and how long it takes to reach that by bus?I mean, is the campus "isolated" by the rest of the city?
Thanks!

@silvia DUT is around 40mins-1hr to city centre by bus. there are all facilities you may need near the campus according to my knowledge. I wouldn't say it is isolated. Don't worry! :)

@silvia btw there are shopping centres around the city. A couple of them are close to the uni. one doesn't have to go to the main city centre to go shopping or for anything else.

Thanks for the information Cindy!
I was wondering that mainly because, as far as I understood, the city center seems to be the most vibrant area, in terms of hanging out and nightlife, but anyway 40 min is not that far! ;)

Hi everyone,

I am Janine. I was in San Diego, CA, US for a year. And currently I am back in Dalian. I am a forth year student in university and I am learning french now. I am looking for English speaker who wanna learn Chinese so that we can learn from each other!

Please contact me if you are interested in Chinese :)

@ janinesong --> You may post an advert in the Language Exchange in Dalian section. Thanks. Karen :)

WouLd u like to be in contact ...I am egyptian , living in shenyang looking for new social life n china
My mail is
[email protected]

Waiting your reply

Hi, Silvia, my name is Gloria, Chinese girl. Welcome to dalian and I'm currently doing my master degree in DUT. So actually our dorms should be near. if you have any questions, feel free to ask me :)

hi cindy!!im a filipino living here in dalian, can you please give your telephone number..

hi janine!! im interested to learn chinese language, i wanna share share english language too...just send me message on my account

Hello Janine, I have moved to Dalian about a week ago with my husband and son. My husband is teaching at one of the Universities here. I would love to meet up. Let me know if you are interested. We are near the software park.

Hi Cindy. We have just moved here from US and would love to meet up. Let me know if you are interested.

Hi Silvia, We have recently moved here from the US and staying near the Software park until we get a bigger apartment. My husband is teaching at one of the universities here. We are lucky to have a group of expats at the uni. Let me know if you wanna meet us for a coffee, walk, shopping.

[Moderated: Avoid copy/paste open on the forum.]

hi
how r u?

pls connect to my mail [email protected]

have a great day

Hi everyone! I am francis, a filipino! I'll be staing here until tomorrow. If you are free, maybe you could contact me at 13844656071. Thanks!

Hi

This is venu here.  I have been to many countries like US, UK, Canada, Singapore, Australia, Russia and Fiji.  Would like to be in touch with you.  you can contact me at [Moderated: Please send numbers in private] if my introduction sounds interesting to you.

Regards,

Venu

Hello Sylvia,

I met Cindy zhu today and she was mentioning about you.
Basically I was looking for a friend to hangout on new year eve.
If you no other companion can I join you.

I am reachable at  [Moderated: Please send numbers in private]

Regards,

Venus

Hi there,

I am interested in learning chinese language. Let me know how we can take it forward.

I am reachable at  [Moderated: Please send numbers in private]

Regards,

Venus

Hello Cindy,

I am a Moroccan PHD student in Dalian , I do speak Arabic, French and English, looking for local friends :)

Hi Cindy, I'm prem kumar from Finland, visiting research Scientist  at Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics , Chinese Academy of Sciences. Contact me it would be great help....to make life easier in Dalian