Franchises

Hello, I have been following along and reading the post as they come available and have a question regarding starting a business / franchise in Belize. At this time I am still 8 to 10 years away from leaving the work force and unfortunately as it may come across I still enjoy the idea of working and its challenges and opportunities. I am planning an information gathering trip to Belize and Costa Rica for an eventual move. My question is what business or franchise opportunities do you see In your local areas as a good start up? Also are there any organizations in Belize that assist new business growth or partnerships. My wife is in the medical field; radiology and enjoys community service and volunteering, may stay back at our home or may look at other opportunities as a volunteer with me. I have a construction, architecture and sales background and from many of the post I have come across positions are not readily available. I have seen mentions of business creations as a possibility and that's why I am posting. Thank you for all suggestions.

Steve  /  Southern California[color=#000000][/color]

Hi oportunities for starting  a business in Belize are there but there is a lot of red tape to get through. you will need to employ local workers, It is also easier to open a business if you have a Belizean partner it is always good to keep in mind the adage I first heard in Belize over 20 years ago "if you want to make a small fortune in Belize first start with a large one"