Slovenia today

Slovenia is in deep problems and this may last for many years, people are seeking for jobs abroad more than ever, who will stay in the country with only 2 million people ?

Hello ttoomm.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Could you please introduce yourself?

Thank you,
Aurélie

yes thats true ttoomm:cool:

hello there am racha do you leave in slovenia now?

ttoomm,

What sort of problems specifically?   Is it just unemployment or are there other issues?

Hi, my name is Mateja and i am living in Slovenia...i am almost 29 years old, married and have 2 children...one is almost 3 years and the second is now 5 months! I can see, that people actually want to come to Slovenia...OMG...i want to go out of here...as ttoomm said...Slovenia is in deep problem...you can`t get job if you don`t know people on higher positions, the government is total disaster...you can`t get anything here- everything is expensiver and expensiver, but salaries are staying the same...the system is going down...so go to any other country...like Germany, Austria, Sweden...there is future in Europe, not in Slovenia...hope i didn`t dissapoint anybody...i will go as soon as it will be possible!!!!!!!!!!!!!

matea85 wrote:

Hi, my name is Mateja and i am living in Slovenia...you can`t get job if you don`t know people on higher positions, the government is total disaster...you can`t get anything here- everything is expensiver and expensiver, but salaries are staying the same...the system is going down...so go to any other country...like Germany, Austria, Sweden...there is future in Europe, not in Slovenia...hope i didn`t dissapoint anybody...i will go as soon as it will be possible!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds a lot like the United States at the moment.  Can't really speak to the situation in Germany, Austria, or Sweden.  I am just looking for a place to live.  Don't need to work there...

watchingtheweasels as u said in a way nowhere is perfect...anyway slovens have this tendency that neighbor's grass always looks better...same u can apply to the other countries. and about problems nothing special political as everywhere and unemployment around 12% due to recent eu crisis.

@Mateja
Sounds like a typical thing across the board. Do you think it is better anywhere else? I really doubt. This is why people are moving around looking for a stable place to settle in.

I am living in slivenia also, and i agree that nowhere is easy to live, it doesbt mean also that if you are in rich country then all is easy, It is all over the globe not easy to live, because of corruption and unemployment, that´s why an individual must think always what and where is good for himself, and always think ahead for the future how to live better and have own business and most especially not depending on other, because everything is going down.