Pets and moving

We have 2 dogs a cat and 2 tortoise....does anyone know the process of how we get them from the UK to Durban?

Best you do an online search for companies who specialize in moving pets internationally.

Do u find solution?

not yet, but working on it :)

Pets have to be examined by a veterinarian in their home country.  Dogs and other large pets require a blood test.  Most pets must be vaccinated against rabies though I believe UK pets are exempt.  The Department of Agriculture has all the forms.  http://www.daff.gov.za

You will need an import permit from the Directorate of Animal Health.  http://www.nda.agric.za/vetweb/

stumpy wrote:

Best you do an online search for companies who specialize in moving pets internationally.

Global Paws Worldwide might be a good choice.

I have used two travel agencies that exclusively deal with pets.  It is a must. I used Animal Travel Agency and Global Paws.  Both were very knowledgeable and professional but I have to give Global Paws the thumbs up.  Both are members of. The animal organization and licensed.   They also have tons of references.    Ask your vet also for referrals.  If you plan on a very long trip these agencies will recommend a stop to give your babies some rest  as it is stressful on any animal.  KLM is the best airlines for animals.   Amsterdam has a pet resort on the airport facility for your pets

Good luck.  Make sure ALL vaccines are up to date.  SA  will only take a 1 year rabies unlike the US where you can do a 3 year one.  If you have to get a rabies you have to wait a month.  There are lots of rules but the travel agency can be of great help.  In the end if one of your test comes back positive don't panic.  Keep asking for a redraw and ask your vet if it could be a false positive from a previous vaccine

The cost is not cheap but for me my dogs are like family.  I can't remember the exact price but I believe for two dos under 20 lbs it was around $5000    That may have been a quote in Rand but j  Idon't think so. Now that price was for pick up drop off crates and the flight.   It did not cover any vaccines

Both companies are located throughout SA but the headquarters are in Jo'burg.     Good luck