Excited to move to Maldives

Hello everyone!!! How r u doing? Hope pre happy new year mood is good ;) I'm a new member and very interested to get some info abt Maldives. Going to move there in the beginning of January waiting for visa to be ready. Will be working in a resort! Would be appreciate If u will share some suggestions what is necessary to take to Maldives. What is must have to take to Maldives to a young girl ;) really don't have any idea abt shops what I can find there what I cannot. So plz share some tips. Thank u all in advance!

Hi EtotBezumnyiMir,

Please note that your post was moved on the Maldives forum for better visibility and interaction.

I invite you to browse through the different discussions on the forum which might help you in finding some useful information.

Thank you and best of luck,

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team

Hi,

you can find almost everything here and must bring is any thing realted to swim and sea :) swim suit etc.

:)

Welcome to Maldives.

Regards,
JA

Thank u very much for yr reply Jamil Ahmed!! It's very good to know that I can find almost anything. Now am happy 👏👏👏😃😃😃

Hi everybody, I am very moving to maldives for a job at airport. I have read reviews here which are very helpful. Can anybody advice me on weekend activities(sports & adventure) for single male like me. Thanks a Lot.

hi bro

Maldive is a good place to live but there is not so much fun here like India. Mostly we go to swimming, watch movies and eating outside. Resort are very costly to afford. I live in Hulhumale near to Airpot .For any other query , you can msg me.................

Thanks...................

HI bro , thank you so much for your reply. I would also b living in same area. But am kinda low on swimming, so i figure wud have to learn that.

hi....I am coming to maldives on monday......very excited abt it..

Hi.

I will be on holiday in Maldives from Mar 13 to 16.  I am arriving at 735pm and would stay at Fuana Inn in Hulhumale.  Would you know if the local bus is still running at that time? I read that airport taxi to the hotel is expensive for a short distance from the airport.

Thanks.

--Arwin

hi arwin,

you are very much welcome here, you can get  airport bus from just outside of the terminal and bus  timings are 07:50 pm and 08:50 pm.

Thanks for your reply and airport bus info.

I understand that there is no public ferry to the local islands on Friday.  If I want to visit the islands on a Friday, what transport options are available that is reasonably priced?  Private boat and seaplane are too pricey for me.

Any suggestion on a budget island resort near Male or Hulhumale?