Philippina Wanting to Visit Costa Rica

I have a friend in Cebu that wants to visit Costa Rica.  But she thinks that you need a VISA to come here (I am currently living in Portalon).  I read that a Philippino only needs a passport.  Can anybody help me understand what the process is for a Philippino to visit Costa Rica. 

Thanks
DocBranch

No need for a visa... philippine people can visit costa rica without visa.. and than god for that :D this reply is kinda late.. :D

Thanks. However I am noticing there are no direct flights from Manila to San Jose. Is a transit visa needed to fly, if the plane comes through another country (i.e. United States)

Thanks
Wayne

yes a transit visa is needed.. they will hold her in any US airport if she doesnt have a transit visa..

you can try manila - amsterdam - san jose

i asked my friend from netherlands and they dont have a transit visa there

It is not easy for a Filipino to get a visitors visa to Costa Rica, the application must go to a special office in San Jose.
I'm not sure, but i think Filipinos are only granted a 30 day visit.  The Costa Rica government has a list of countries they harass, we found that out when we tried to bring a Cuban to Costa Rica for a month.