Moving To Islamabad

Hi all,

Myself, my British Pakistani husband and my disabled daughter are looking to move to Islamabad with my mother in law within the next 2-3 months. Obviously there's no point in us taking all of our furniture what with it being so cheap in Pakistan but we will be taking items such as bed, memory foam mattress, large tv's, daughters toys, clothes and bedding etc.

My question is roughly how much will the removals from birmingham-islamabad cost and how long will it take to arrive in islamabad from leaving the UK??

If anyone can help re:costs it would be much appreciated :)

Thanks

Hello robina.

Welcome to Expat.com.

May I suggest you our removal partner -->https://www.expat.com/en/movers/asia/pa … islamabad/

Thank you,
Aurélie

Are you still in islamabad?

I don't arrive until May

Hi, If you arrive in May, then be prepare for the summer, because it will be too hot in Islamabad.

If you don't mind I'll suggest you to bring only your cloths and your daughter's cloths. bringing your beds and other furniture will cost you the same as you buy here. It will take time to arrive here and cost you much.
Here in Islamabad are many auction houses and you can buy furniture from there like a full size  wooden bed with side tables and dressing table will cost you maximum 290$, Big TV Sony or Samsung will cost you 450$. and whenever you leave you can sell them.
I haven't saw any foreigner who bring his/her furniture with him from his country.