Best internet provider for Playstation 4

What Internet service is best to use for Playstation 4? I plan on using it for online gameplay and streaming movies. I'm looking for unlimited internet usage in Riyadh.

I have an STC DSL line, and have had excellent luck with its throughput.  I have a PS3 and a PS4, and have been playing online constantly with CoD Ghosts since I got my 4 with no drops and no lag.  I also VPN back to the states and stream videos through my AppleTV, and have low buffer times and very little if any buffer freezes.

Hope this helps...

B2N

Thanks for the info. STC is the provider? I plan on purchasing a VPN when I purchase a laptop and ps4. I hope they are able to get that internet service on my compound.

In most compounds either STC or Mobily offer fiber-optic based connectivity (FTTH) that will provide you lowest latency which is important for gaming. Otherwise go for DSL connection with highest bandwidth possible at your home (that varies based on a number of factors). Last option would be 4G based connection from STC, Mobily or Zain and Zain claims that they offer low latency so you can check them out if required.

tansari wrote:

In most compounds either STC or Mobily offer fiber-optic based connectivity (FTTH) that will provide you lowest latency which is important for gaming. Otherwise go for DSL connection with highest bandwidth possible at your home (that varies based on a number of factors). Last option would be 4G based connection from STC, Mobily or Zain and Zain claims that they offer low latency so you can check them out if required.

The only problem with the wireless broadband solutions (all 3) is that its metered and when you reach your cap, they kill your bandwidth drastically.  Of the 3 wireless, I would go Zain, as they lease tower space from BOTH Mobily and STC, but in most of the houses (at least those here on the Diplomatic Quarter, but I assume this would be anywhere), is that the amount of rebar in the walls KILLS the signal to the point that it would be frustrating without an external Cellular antennea or signal repeater.

From what Ive seen, the land based lines are not metered, as I usually stream several movies back to back each weekend without the dreaded buffering lag.

Born2Network wrote:
tansari wrote:

The only problem with the wireless broadband solutions (all 3) is that its metered and when you reach your cap, they kill your bandwidth drastically.  Of the 3 wireless, I would go Zain, as they lease tower space from BOTH Mobily and STC, but in most of the houses (at least those here on the Diplomatic Quarter, but I assume this would be anywhere), is that the amount of rebar in the walls KILLS the signal to the point that it would be frustrating without an external Cellular antennea or signal repeater.

From what Ive seen, the land based lines are not metered, as I usually stream several movies back to back each weekend without the dreaded buffering lag.

That's an interesting observation B2N. Although I've been using 4G from STC since it was launched and haven't faced bandwidth throttling until now. I have multi-sim subscription on my mobile and all sims are used simultaneously