How Can You tell if you have an Ordinary visa or tourist Visa?

I'm sorry you weren't able to. Did you have a letter from an employer or did they ask for extra 'fees'?

I help around 100 people per year enter KH with an e-type visa and know for certain that is is possible to get an e-type visa at dom krawlor. It's a remote outpost, and you are entirely subject to the whims of the border officials, so a 'donation' is probably necessary along with the standard e-type visa requirements.

Getting headaches with all this.... THE E TYPE ENTRY VISA ALLOWS FOR EMPLOYMENT ?????
NO NO NO AND NO
You need a work permit.
With that type of visa you can only have your own business (after registration of course).

@snezana011
I agree with you ... people should talk only about what they know.
As for me, I already get a E type visa at Koh Kong border..

Also e-visa means Electronic Visa (tourism only T)
Visa E means Employment visa.

songha wrote:

I'm sorry you weren't able to. Did you have a letter from an employer or did they ask for extra 'fees'?

I help around 100 people per year enter KH with an e-type visa and know for certain that is is possible to get an e-type visa at dom krawlor. It's a remote outpost, and you are entirely subject to the whims of the border officials, so a 'donation' is probably necessary along with the standard e-type visa requirements.

Of course I didnt have anything, I am an traveller and just wanted to stay longer in Cambodia. I asked to pay extra, but they repeated a few times there is no possible and only available is tourist visa. And for that tipe they charged more 5 $.
Just to be clear, e-tipe is electronic visa, but we're talking about E-visa, with capital letter E. 

Btw, where you've been when I asked here and on a lot of forums how to get ordinary visa and is there any travel agency who can arrange it for me :)

dosolto wrote:

@snezana011
I agree with you ... people should talk only about what they know.
As for me, I already get a E type visa at Koh Kong border..

Ok, I have confirmation from one traveler I met it is also available at Poipet.
We can make a list to help people.

Land border crossings where is possible to get E-visa (ordinary):
Koh Kong
Popipet

Land border crossings where is not possible to get E-visa (ordinary)
Voeung Kam (from Laos)

The working permit is only a permit, not a visa. You must have the e-visa to get the permit, ergo the e-visa allows employment.

songha wrote:

The working permit is only a permit, not a visa. You must have the e-visa to get the permit, ergo the e-visa allows employment.

That's not true. I got E-visa (please, write with capital letter because with small letter is electronic visa) without any paper or extra fees. I just checked in 'ordinary' (or E-visa) when I applied on airport.

dosolto wrote:

Getting headaches with all this

Me too :)
But I am off now, definitely.

snezana011 wrote:

Of course I didnt have anything, I am an traveller and just wanted to stay longer in Cambodia. I asked to pay extra, but they repeated a few times there is no possible and only available is tourist visa. And for that tipe they charged more 5 $.
Just to be clear, e-tipe is electronic visa, but we're talking about E-visa, with capital letter E. 

Btw, where you've been when I asked here and on a lot of forums how to get ordinary visa and is there any travel agency who can arrange it for me :)

So you tried to enter Cambodia but didn't have the correct paperwork to get the visa you wanted and now you're complaining that they don't issue that visa at the border you came through?

You could try for a e-type visa at the embassy in hcmc or Bangkok or walk into any local travel agent and ask them to change your visa (where they take it to the border for you) and pay them 100.

I'm not confused re e-visa and e-type visas. Capital e or not.

I don't have anything to add to that subject. ..
I am lost.
I really don't know what your are talking about...
e-visa and e-type visa capital e or not????
I should let you continuing this conversation without me.
:lol:

snezana011 wrote:
songha wrote:

That's not true. I got E-visa (please, write with capital letter because with small letter is electronic visa) without any paper or extra fees. I just checked in 'ordinary' (or E-visa) when I applied on airport.

Every crossing is unique.  Easy to get the renewable visa at the airports without paperwork.  Remote crossings have less oversight therefore more unpredictable.

In plain English, here is the difference:

e-visa
Pre-purchased electronic visa

e-type visa
Ordinary/business/normal visa. Obtained on arrival or at an embassy prior to arrival.

So when you arrive in Cambodia, you can just buy an Ordinary visa and is it possible to teach English with this visa if you find a job and the school helps you obtain a work permit? Or would they want to change your visa as well? I have read that you only need an Ordinary visa to work in Cambodia? Would I be able to apply for a 6 month or year long Ordinary visa from my country or upon arrival?

The Midnight Runner wrote:

So when you arrive in Cambodia, you can just buy an Ordinary visa and is it possible to teach English with this visa? I plan to leave China soon to work in Cambodia. I am also wondering if there are many language schools there in the big cities and if it is easy to find work?

Yes, you can. Get an E-Type (ordinary/normal/business) visa on arrival and you can renew indefinitely without any paperwork or reason for being here. There is a work permit (work book) that is technically required for employment, and it is the employer who is supposed to arrange this for you, but it's rarely enforced, and even fewer employers know their obligations.

Lots of work here in Phnom Penh, but most is underpaid, and for factory schools concerned mainly with filling seats than with education or providing resources for staff. Very limited opportunities in the provincial centres besides Siem Reap and Battambang. In Phnom Penh, most jobs are paid by the hour. Cambodia has lots of public holidays, and some schools close for 2 months during July-August, so it's not very lucrative. Standard pay ranges for $10-14 for TEFL qualified native English speakers. A few higher paid opportunities if you have CELTA.

Thank you for the reply Songha. So I will probably relocate to Phnom Penh then. Would I be able to get a job teaching at one of those factory schools (private English schools right?) with a scanned copy of my college degree and TESOL certificate? I don't want to bring my originals with me in case they get ruined or lost while I am there. I have scanned them into my laptop and I have had no problems emailing them to schools here in China for obtaining teaching jobs. I appreciate your help.

Yes, should be fine if you can't get copies certified in China. Most won't ask for originals of you have work history and references.

Oh ok that sounds good. I was also wondering if some of these factory schools hire English teachers for one-to-one or small groups or if the schools in Cambodia are only for large classes? There are countless schools here in China where you can teach one-to-one.

In the school of my son, they have no more than 5 students by classroom.

The Midnight Runner wrote:

Oh ok that sounds good. I was also wondering if some of these factory schools hire English teachers for one-to-one or small groups or if the schools in Cambodia are only for large classes? There are countless schools here in China where you can teach one-to-one.

Never come across a private language school that offered one-to-one or small groups, other than tutoring agencies, of which there are several around PP.

dosolto wrote:

In the school of my son, they have no more than 5 students by classroom.

A 1:5 ratio is almost unheard of here. I have to ask: which school?

Oh.. sorry...
just noticed that you were talking about "language" schools.
My son is in a general program school.
And there, in grade 5 the classroom of my son has 5 students and 4 students in grade 6.

My friend took a boat ride down the river and got an ORDINARY VISA , ITS POSSIBLE , HOWEVER it was not easy like its at the airport , since most are setup for just tourist visas . it certainly can be done , but my friend would not take NO  FOR AN ANSWER AND GOT IT ,However she told me she would never do it again ! Air only in future!!      DESOLTO YOU ARE NOT CONFUSING ....

I am Pakistani Citizen , Currently i am working in UAE . 

I want to visit Cambodia in coming month . I need visit visa of Cambodia .I read in website ,that for Pakistani citizens I need to get Visa in advance before come to Cambodia ,but in UAE there is no Cambodian Embassy working . Now i didn't know how and where i can apply for businees or Ordinary Visa .

please any one help me in this matter .

Go online and find the nearest Cambodian Embassy to you and contact them.

Be aware of something.
Even if you manage to get a visa, they can reject you at the airport.

u know about some specific case  dosolto?..

Yes.... Someone I know.... get a invitation letter for a job, gilet the BUSINESS VISA in an embassy and has been rejected.
Answer from the immigration: "Africans now need a special authorisation from the ministry of interior to enter Cambodia".
Pakistan is not in Africa... I know... but just to say that they do what they want when they want.

Thanks for response every one

dosolto ,thanks for your advice .I understand every country have there own immigration rules , but i think in generally people not treated same way ,its depend on case to case .country to country.

I try to contact Cambodian embassy in India ,they said will you come India. But it is more harder to get Indian visa for Pakistani to then Cambodian Visa. :)

Problem is i didn't find any firm or any travel agency who arrange visa for Pakistani national.

I receive one mail from travel agency working in Siem Reap. They said, they will apply for me , but now i got another mail from them , they apology me and said they not able to apply for me , contact your nearest embassy.

Problem is No Cambodian embassy in UAE. Even if i  find some embassy in another country . How can i apply for Cambodian Visa if i am in UAE.

I need Invitation letter from any Cambodian national or firm or travel agent.

I don't know what should i do.

please guide and help me what i do.

oo whoa, u serious??.. this is so crappy ...

There is only one Document  u full out in air plañe to Choose. Your visa .... i did not make an error inpaaperwork  i did not. Knowing it was big holiday coming and 5 us extra for Authorities makes 4. Mitre money for celebration...And i did not know what aN ORDINARY VISA. looked like amas opposed to a tourist one So. Even though Desolto advised me expertly , I was so preoccupied did not check the  visa except to note i. Got it ....they did not give me change so i thought i had the right one ,WRONG ...TAKE. PICTURE WITH. Telephone on plañe , and dont. Give money until u lookAS passport to see E--.128377   Etc only then give money  bring  1 or 2 photos or pay 2 dollars extra

yea Aliyeah this is TOOOOOOOOOOOO crappy...........

Wimbleton Thanks for your reply , but acutally problem is Cambodia didn't issue visa on arrival to pakistani citizens , I have to get visa before travel to Cambodia.

i need sponser letter or invitation letter from any cambodian travel agency or sponser letter from any cambodian national for apply visa , I contact so many travel agencies in Cambodia but no one help me .

ANY ONE HELP ME > I really don't no WHAT TO DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

If you get an invitation letter, how will you apply for a visa if there no any embassy near by you? Are you going for visa on arrival then??? I am having kind of same problem ...... anyone please help both of us...

a tourist visa is for 28 days only you need to ask for a normal visa its blue and has a large letter E in the middle a tourist visa is 28 days only and has a latter T in the middle  tourist visa $20   normal visa $25 month or $290 for 12 months  ordinary and tourist visas are the same you want a normal visa

@Cocaine...Ordinary and Tourist Visas are not the same!!!!

I have explained the visas numerous times on this forum, as have others. Please stop misinforming people! !!

Also the visa forms given out in Australia say tick tourist visa or normal visa no box contains the word ordinary visa but as my friend found out last week the visa forms only have tourist visa on them but this may change any time soon he was told

Hi singh_is_king,

If you have any information about visa, it might be better to post these information on the Phnom Penh forum, this might help other members too. ;)

Regards,

David.

Expat-blog team.