Security Clearence

Hi, I had a job offer in Bahrain for which i submitted the required documents and now i was been told that my documents are in LMRA for security clearance. I want to know is any one can help me with the time frame of this process.

LMRA can take from a couple of days to a couple of months. There are many different reasons which determines the timeframe of these applications.

All I can recommend is be patient, don't panic and keep in touch with your employer on a regular basis.

Good luck!

Yes, few days to few months, depending on efficiency of your potential employer ... Now the wait begins. :)

From what I know, procedures at the LMRA do not involve security clearance but processing of work permits and similar documents. If a security clearance is required, the Ministry of Interior is involved - this is required for certain jobs, and not a general requirement.

Best wishes to you for a short processing time and you get here soon.

My application for security clearance to LMRA has been forwarded by employer on 23 jan 2014 and according to the  employer it will take 4 to 6 weeks for security clearance, once the clearance has been done application for visa will be filed and it might again take 4 to 6 weeks for visa. Employer has also mentioned a note thait most of the visas for shia muslims get rejected for bahrain... please help me

salmankhanjaaa wrote:

My application for security clearance to LMRA has been forwarded by employer on 23 jan 2014 and according to the  employer it will take 4 to 6 weeks for security clearance, once the clearance has been done application for visa will be filed and it might again take 4 to 6 weeks for visa.

I am not sure about what LMRA has to do with "security clearance". This is something the Ministry of Interior does. Anyway, without trying to second guess, here is what I can say - If your employer is organized, this process can be completed in a few days. Two rounds of "4 to 6 weeks" is way too long in my opinion.

salmankhanjaaa wrote:

Employer has also mentioned a note thait most of the visas for shia muslims get rejected for bahrain... please help me

This is not true! I know so many people from different religious backgrounds and cultures who have not had any problems in getting work visa in Bahrain. This is a convenient excuse employers can give when they are unable to get work visas for other reasons.

Dear Farhaz,

Thank you for the help. Well my employer is not directly involved for security clearance with LMRA, HR consultant is halding all the matter. might be this is the reason it takes time. what do have oponion?

security clearance is in CID OFFICES