Moving to Addis with dog

Hello everybody! We are planning to move for working reasons to Addis in a couple month and planning to stay 2 years. I have a few questions to all of you: I am moving with my girlfriend (we are not married), can anybody tell if we can have problems with her legal situation and how can we solve it? We also plan to move with our old dog (no way of leaving it here without us), can you tell us the local regulations about pets out there? We are really rookies about Ethiopia so any help about house rental, good areas to live and medical services will be deeply appreciate.
Thank you very much for all your help!!!!!

About the dog you only need the passport that have vacation history, about the house rent around top view if you can afford 4000-5000$ or around cmc this are the safe location to live!!

Hello Osito

well you can move here to addis with your girl friend and your dog.

And for the medical, if you are gone work for a company the company will cover your medical but if not so their are a lot of good hospitals here so you will be OK.

And about your girlfriend i don't think she will have a problem coming here as long as you are staying for two years but if so the company that you are gone work can help you with that too.

And as of the rent for the house, it depends where you want to live, there are a lot off expansive houses and not that much fair one with a safe environment.

Hi Mick dejene and selam dodo,

Please note that this is a very old thread (2011)
However, thank you for your help ! :)

Priscilla
Expat.com team

i know i just saw that! thanks! :happy: