VISA INFORMATION

Hi Indians in Jakarta,
I am Sanku Sharma an Indian from Assam(India). I am in search of job in Indonesia. But Truly saying, I am in love with a girl who is Indonesian. I want to come to Indonesia and get marry to her. But first of all i must have a visa for limited stay period like 1 year and also have a job in Indonesia so that i can run my family there. The girl live with her old mom and she doesn't want to leave her mom and come to India. So, I decide to come to her country and get marry to her and take care of her and her mom.

So, please friend help me out with a success solution so that i can live with my life partner and do good for them. Please show me the way to avail a visa for permanent stay in Indonesia and also a job there.

you are just being fooled. here the girls think that foreigners have lot of money. they try to lure the foreigners so that they can get money from them. so stay in India and work there.

sanku

To marry this girl there could be a problem of religion.
Visa costs are high and take a long time. 
It is not a simple process to get the paperwork together for visas and marriage.
The Indonesian Govt are very thorough in this as they are trying to stop people coming over and using marriage as a way to get into the country and then bring their families over
Best you think this whole idea through before you let your heart rule your head and you get stuck financially and get into trouble.

Hi frnd,
I really thank u for ur valuable comment on my post. But my gf is not that type of girl. She is very innocent and kind. She loves me very much and i too do the same with her. She also know that am financially not that rich and still she love me very much. Coz she is not a materialistic girl.
But anyways thank u for ur guide.

Hi frnd,
Thank u for ur suggestion. I want to know something more from u. I hv contact the indonesian embassy in india. And also went through their website kemlu.go.id/newdelhi. But am not more clear abt the visa process. If an indian boy want to marry an indonesian girl what wl b the procedure to get the visa to go to indonesia.
And one more question frnd. Will it b possible to make my visa in indonesia if m nt physically present there in the country. Is it possible if i submitt my documents to my gf by email.
please give your valuable reply frnd. Thank you so much

Get a 30 day tourist visa and all the documents required for the marriage.
You can extend the tourist visa for an extra 30 days at any immigration office.

Whilst there, you can start the KITAS process and, assuming all is legal, you'll get a 12 month limited stay visa.
You have to leave the country on a visa run but only to Singapore or Malaysia. Loads of agents around that'll charge you as much as they think they can get away with so, shop around.
Lots hanging around immigration offices.
That won't allow work of any sort unless you open a restaurant or whatever and run it from the back room. No one will much care about that because you're providing employment for Indonesians.

As has been said, watch out for con jobs.
I'm sure your lady is wonderful but there are those that'll do pretty much anything to rip you off.

Hi,,frnd
A many many thanks for ur comments. I also have that plan. But may b i and my gf cnt manage within 60days of period. Coz we hv to do the things in a legal way and i think this wl also take a long time. Thatswhy am looking for a six month or one year visa where i and my gf get time to manage everything and i find job there. Fortunately, if i get a english teaching job there it wl b much better.
Nw, when i hv job and also some money then within this months i can get marry to my gf there legally and get register to Immigration office for the kitas and later on for kitap.

Sanku,

A few things you need to be aware of concerning English teaching jobs and visas.

English teaching jobs in Indonesia almost always require that the teacher is a native English speaker and thusly from the UK, Australia, Canada or the US.  Your chances of landing an English teaching job here in Indonesia are very, very slim. 

Residency visas (KITAS) are not normally issued in advance while the applicant is out of country.  There are exceptions to this, for example high level executive jobs where the employing company does all the paper work for the new employee (and his or her family) prior to their arrival (including a KITAS) but this is rare. 

The most you could hope for regarding your initial visa would be a 60 day visit visa for which you would apply at the nearest Indonesian embassy or consulate to where you are presently living in India.  That visa can be extended here in Indonesia for up to four times, each time being good for an additional 30 days…total stay 180 days.  During that time you could handle your marriage, and once after married go for your KITAS as Pak Fred mentioned earlier.

Good luck with your marriage and your future.

preferably before you come to Indonesia, you've had to look for jobs on the internet for the location of Indonesia and hopefully you immediately got a job in Indonesia because Indonesia is still a lot of unemployment and they are also graduates who have not been able to work.

manjubhatt 09 February 2014 04:58:26
you are just being fooled. here the girls think that foreigners have lot of money. they try to lure the foreigners so that they can get money from them. so stay in India and work there.

---------------------------
the girls ?? doh!  :/

Go to the Indonesian embassy in India first, better than talking on the phone.
Ask them what you need to gather (paperwork) and everything else to get married with an Indonesian girl.
Gather all the papers that you need, while your girlfriend is doing the same thing - you will need quite a bit of time. Then send all your papers to her, she needs to translate all of those.

Google! seek as many informations as you can. Asking on a forum won't instantly help you.
And the best of luck!

manjubhatt wrote:

How many times have you been fooled Manju? did you meet all of them at BATS? BLOK M?
Please, rephrase what you've said. It's so disturbing.

You ladies go!   ;)

I am also sick and tired of Indonesian women being painted on a canvas as gold diggers!    :(

Truth be told from my perspective...Indonesian women are one of the world's best kept secrets.  And that's the truth.

Dear Sanku,

Please go to Indonesian Embassy/Consulate nearby your place.
Ask the requirement to apply social culture visa, you can used your girl as sponsor.
with thats visa you can stay 60 days, and extend until 4times @ 30 days (stay maximum 6 months).
You can apply new one if finish, take the visa in Singapura/other country.
During thats time you can try to find a job, and make working visa.

Also ask the requirements to marry in indonesia.

Hariyono

manju, i dont think girls will consider indians as 'foreigners', at least not me.  too obvious!

so are you saying this based on your own experience or others?

:dumbom:

There is no longer any need to apply for sosbud visas since all 60 day visit visas are now the same.  Why bother going through the extra step of getting a sponsor letter when it isn't needed?  Simply apply for a 60 day visit visa at the Indonesian embassy or consulate which is renewable here in country 4 X 30 days.

I think no need to get scared off by what people are telling you here. Just go to Indonesia on a tourist visa and get married. Then apply for the KITAS which can be renewed each year. You can look for a job or try to make some kind of business. By the way, what kind of work does your girlfriend do? Which part of Indonesia does she and her family live?