PLACE TO VISIT IN MEXICO CITY! DISTRITO FEDERAL :) HELP !!??

Hi Guys,

Can you help me out,.can you recommend me what place to visit in mexico city D:F cuz i will be roaming around the city for 3 days :)

Hope you all help me out!

Thanks a lot in advance :)

Have a good day!

By all means go to the main Zocalo where you can visit the national cathedral and the presidential palace (the equivalent of the Whitehouse). Be sure to go inside the square within the presidential palace where you will find many murals by Diego Rivera on the walls depicting various periods of Mexican history.  If you can, take a 45 minute bus ride early in the morning to just Northeast of the city to see the ruins of Teotihuacan. In Mexico City,  try to stay in the historic district, rather than the newer business area. A very safe, but spartan place would be Casa de Los Amigos which is run by the Quakers. You can sometimes get one of the private rooms or you can stay in one of the dorms for very cheap.  Here is a link to the website.

http://www.casadelosamigos.org/

If you have money to spare you can stay in or near the zona rosa which is more upscale but it puts you near the Castle Chapultepec which was the palace of the emperor Maximilian now a museum.

Hi you can go to the Latin, Bellas Artes, Zocalo, Chapultepec Park,
Museum of Anthropology, Zona Rosa, these are important and beautiful places.
Visit them, hopefully pleasing you.
regards
Martha ;)

mjplatt,

Thanks a lot my husband already book a hotel for us and i visited teotihuacan already and i really love the place i hope to return there and see all those pyramids again :) I will surely go to the place that you recommend,.

Thanks for the helpful advice :)

have a nice day!

Hi Martha,

Thanks a lot im definitely going to put this on my list the places that i need to visit when i arrived at D.F

Thank you so much very much appreciated :)

2 years ago we stayed in the "reforma" district. It was great - good food, shopping and totally safe at night. ( 2 women travelling together) We were near the "wolf" park. Good bus service. It is near a gay neighbourhood and there were a lot of people out at night so we were never alone.