Living in Islamabad

Hi all!

I have a potential opportunity to work and live in Islamabad and wanted to get some information about furnished apt/studios (doesn't need to be in the sectors as F6 as I heard its quite expensive there).

As a non-Pakistani female, would it be difficult to find a place to rent?

Basicaly, how much is it realistically to live:
Cost of Accomodation
Cost of utilities?
Food cost?
Internet?

Whats the least amount you would need as a salary?

Any information/comments/advice would be appreciated :)

how did you get a well paid job? from UN or other NGO ?or airlines such as airasia.if you don't that potential job, give to me.

so No more jobs in europe anymore nowadays?  i think a job in unesco office in islambad always rewarding, or  a position in a museum or nationa park.
pakistan supermaket 's attractive than in the west.
3G/4G internet in pakistan is cheaper than in the western countries.renting house in pakistan neighbourhood is cheaper than in elite estate.you should find cheaper solar power panel in islambad as china dumping solar panel in pakistan, then a storing battery and DC-AV converter.

Hello northern_dancer.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Concerning the furnished apartments/studios, do not hesitate to post an advert in the Housing in Islamabad section. It might help.

This thread could help as well : https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=163502

Thank you,
Aurélie

hi
best thing to put claasfied add in the Jang rawalpindi or the News

first you need to get a job and then every little thing gonna be alright :P

Whenever you decide to come to pakistan, take care about tax laws of the country..

really ru living in Islamabad ?... furnished and nice aprtment in islambad is not less than 50000 rs .. which is 500$.......... 15000 and 30000 is story of past almost 15 years back.  ...............

aham....................

Basicaly, how much is it realistically to live:
Minimum 600 USD…
Cost of Accomodation
Depend on your choice, the unfurnished two bed apartment for instance in G11/E 11 cost you from 200 USD. Furnished around F 6 Starts from 400 USD… so the choice is your.
Cost of utilities?
Normally with AC, 30 USD, and with AC 60
Food cost?
Making food at home for one person, say minimum 100 USD per month, hotel meals starts from 1 USD to good quality 5 USD

Internet?
DSL 15, 3G wifi same 15 USD per month..

I hope I have answer your question. Pls contact me at Amjad.tanoli@gmail if you need further

@ AmjadKhan1: Please note that you posted on an old thread but thank you for the sharing of information :)

Hi northern_dancer.
                               I have a suggestion for you, it will be cost you very low.
1st of all chose sector to live, Sectors with F,E series are much expensive.
I will suggest you to rent a portion in Sector G-6/2, it will be approximately $250 per month, then buy some used furniture, it will cost you approximately $2000. you will have a line line number and DSL will cost you per month $20.
What do you say about all this.