Cost of living

Hello to all,
I am possibly looking to move to Cost Rico  Quepos to be exact.  What is the cost of living in that area?

Welcome!
Quepos, may have higher expenses due to being on the coast, as in the cost of electricity if you use AC, and increased food prices due to transportation costs. Spoke a few days ago with friends who have lived there for nearly 40 years and they tell me that prices have gone up, significantly and many businesses have closed, although personally, I haven't visited this area for a few years.
Check it out, in person for a visit, before you arrive with all your belongings in your bag and baggage...

Suggest you read this information about moving to Costa Rica:costaricalaw.com/Immigration-and-Residency/residency-general-information-and-summary.html

Recent article in an online paper: retirenowincostarica.com/061011-First-rule-of-retirement-here-Know-thyself.htm

Thank u for the feedback. Have a Merry Christmas

It is very expensive here in Costa Rica, from purchasing a car to the over priced real estate.  The import taxes on almost everything is outrageous, such as the import tax on a refrigerator being close to 80%.  The cost of groceries is about the same as in North America, and the selection is not very good.  With some Ticos earning as little as $14.US per day I can't figure out how many of them survive, as a large bag of rice is $14.US  Can you imagine working eight hours cleaning Gringo homes just to earn a bag of rice?  The cost of electrical power is reasonable "unless you use AC", in which case it is very expensive.  Water is of good quality and not expensive.  I also strongly suggest being very careful buying a building lot in Costa Rica, many developers are selling lots which never get deeds.  Never us the sellers lawyer, and never make a payment until you see legal deeds to the property.  I stated a lot of negative information here, but I still agree that Costa Rica can be a wonderful place to retire in, but it is vitally important that you move slowly and carefully when buying a home or building lot, as almost everything for sale is only worth half of the asking price.