Properties of homes for sale in Montevideo

Do you know of a web site that shows ALL of the properties for sale in Montevideo. I am use to being able to do a MLS search that shows ALL of the properties available for sale in a particular area. Every web site I have visited ONLY shows a few homes that particular real estate company is selling. Is there such a thing as a list of ALL of the properties of homes for sale in Montevideo????

Hello crowderm.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

A new thread has been created from your message on the Montevideo forum.

Thank you,
Aurélie

I haven't been to Uruguay yet...but my intuition is that you either need to get a Uruguayan realtor or start looking for properties in spanish(you will find many more properties if you look for "casas en{or}(de) venta en uruguay."

Can look out for you if you want me to. I live there

Basically No.  Many realtors do not even have a website. Many properties are listed by several realtors often with different prices.  Owners will often sell privately even though several realtors have been trying to sell their property and many realtors do not even advertise the houses they have in case other realtors sell them first!

We looked around with four or five realtors some of whom wanted to show us the same houses we had seen with someone else.  None seem to know what other realtors had for sale so they only show you their own listings.

Do not try to look at houses in January or February, either the houses are being rented to tourists and they won't let you in or the realtors are busy with the tourist rentals or are on vacation themselves. December and March can also be a bit difficult but you can usually see some then.  The rest of the year is OK.

http://www.gallito.com.uy/inmuebles

try this website, its in spanish, but easy to figure it out.
on your left you have either "apartamentos" (apartments), or "casas" (houses), etc...and further down you can choose which city "departamento", or even which neighbourhood (barrio).

this is the website that most uruguayans go to look for cars, houses, jobs, etc.

hope this helps.

Jessica

http://www.gallito.com.uy/

this is the home page

I am going to be their next month ln the capital looking to live their and do buissnes ,hope to buy a home near the water. ARMAND

Hello ARMAND,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Please note that you posted on an old thread.

Why don't you start a new discussion as from your post on the Montevideo forum for better visibility and interaction?

Do not hesitate to ask any specific questions related to life in Montevideo.

Best of luck,

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team

what is the average price of a home near water in montevideo, also will buy or start a business thank you Armand.

Hi Armand, what kind of business?

inmuebles.mercadolibre.com.uy/casas/venta/libre is the way to find out...

inmuebles.mercadolibre.com.uy/casas/venta/

You can also select departementos (=flats), locales (=shops) etc.

And you can select ubicacion (=state), price range etc.etc.

:cool: