Car rental insurance

I will be renting a car for $7.99 a day plus tax, however I am told it is obligatory to pay insurance of about $16 to $19 or more per day on top of the rental price
Has anyone suggestions to deal with this or I just have to go with the flow.  I will be there from Feb 1 thru 13th hoping to see more than PC/ or Coronado.   any info is appreciated   [email protected]

Hi John,

Go with the flow and pay the insurance. It is just part of the deal! If you are renting at Alderbrook MAKE SURE the rental car company is open! We arrived and Budget counter was closed. Sunday at 11 am!
Fortunately Thrifty had a car for us and a better rate!

thanks for the info... I will be arriving at the airport with reservations.  Hope all goes well.  guess I gotta pay the price

Same issue here...I'll be arriving in April and I usually get a rental car at the airport...last time i rented I got a really nice toyota fortuner for about 10 days but they hit me up for about $600.00 :o ......any pointers on getting the same car at a better price, please reply with POC contact...Thanks..

Hidalgo

You can insist on using the insurance your credit card offers. They can not make you buy their insurance. You do have to use the card the car is booked on.Verify with your credit card issuer that they cover for car rentals out of country and make sure to take the phone number for thier customer service with you in case the rental company balks at using the card insurance.In that case call the customer service and have them sort it out.